Why become a member? ×

NAD: SWR WorkingMan's 12"

PaulThePlug

Not allowed anymore guitars... So a little (or not so little...) combo project couple of days shouldn't get me in toooo much trouble!

Spotted this Washing Machine... that's what the Mrs thought she was getting... on Faceache... Close and Cheap and fell for the '#7 advert excuse of' Haven't got a mains lead so cannot test...

20231123_192629.thumb.jpg.4504de7c52a96e00c0517237135a532a.jpg

IBS... Integrated Bass System or Irritable Bowl Syndrome?

What are they like and what should I expect for my £20?.. other than Furk-All or a Shower of Sparks!.. Who knows?.. it might even work!

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 7

• PaulThePlug changed the title to NAD: SWR WorkingMan's 12"

Cabinet and Carpet to tackle tomorrow... So its a Glue, Brush, and a go over with one of them jumper bobble thingies... get a couple of the plastic corner jobbies ordered... who know's why SWR diddn't fit em to the front-est top corners.

Then track down a mains lead, and check the Blah! Blah! in the Buildings and Home Contents Insurance documentation...

Edited by PaulThePlug

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/11/2023 at 10:07, PaulThePlug said:

Vanish Carpet Cleaner and a washing up brush...

20231124_220023.thumb.jpg.52da7fe601f88848d7c9d1451df0c1bb.jpg

Looked like something had been nesting... took out the wadding along with a plastic spoon, Ikea type pencil and a Minions toy - possibly McD's Happy Meal.

20231125_002024.thumb.jpg.62055332e0bceddf82e654c67e320107.jpg

Great Job it looks fantastic.

Did you consider removing the carpet covering?

I have a SWR Goliath Jr 2 2 x 10 incoming and if the carpet covering is secured tightly I am considering giving the carpet fabric a coat or two of Tuff-Cab.

I am hoping that the acrylic will soak into the carpet fabric and create a really tough finish. ( all most like Tolex)

Anyone on here used Tuff-Cab on carpet or is it wiser to remove the carpet fabric?

• Thanks 1

Corner Protectors Arrived... Similar, fitted. Wadding and a Stapler arrived... Might do the Wadding Stuffing tonight.

@Ramsay777 There is a light crackle 'n hum thru the speakers when the Master is Wanged to and fro.. but no through signal sound.

As no signal out the Tuner Out, going to start to look at the Input and Send Return Jack Sockets

Fingers crossed something simple.

@JohnDaBass I'd go Carpet Cleaner and a Hair Trimmer... Other is likely to result in a mess and possible regret...

If it don't come up OK after a Wash and Short Back 'n Sides then go Plan B...

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1