Why become a member? ×

I’m down to one bass…

Geek99

3 hours ago, iconic said:

Funnily enough I've got myself down to a P, and a J, sold 7 since January. Feel sooooo much better for it too.

One thing I've noticed over the years, is that the really serious players, you know, those that play for a living, tend to have the least amount of basses....maybe just me? 

The website for Entwistle's gear takes several (very entertaining) pages

3 hours ago, iconic said:

Funnily enough I've got myself down to a P, and a J, sold 7 since January. Feel sooooo much better for it too.

One thing I've noticed over the years, is that the really serious players, you know, those that play for a living, tend to have the least amount of basses....maybe just me? 

I'm glad you're feeling better for it.  Just bear in mind that such a situation would make some of us very sad indeed.

And yeah, it's just you.  You do realise that this post could be interpreted as a sly dig by those of us with such amateurish numbers of basses, right? ;)

People can be "really serious players" and not do it for a living.  I could go on, but suffice to say this post ground my gears a little, and I'm miffed because it exposed me for the amateur gypsy's kisstaker that I am...

My actual needs dictate two basses, a fretted and fretless 5. But I have to keep my two 4-string Thumbs (fretted and fretless) for sentimental reasons, and the Antoniotsais because they're so unusual, and a couple of six-string basses (fretted and fretless) as my luxury items, and a 10-string for the odd occasions when I might need that sound, and a couple of showy ones for stage use. Oh, and acoustic fretted and fretless, and solid body and hollow body uke basses, and an EUB. And of course despite the fact that headstocks are the work of Stan*, there is a wider range of headed basses than headless ones, so where I can I have headless equivalents as well.

* Stan Fender, the idiot son of Leo, who decided that a heavy lump of wood on the end of the neck would be ideal to put the word "Fender" on and designed it so badly that it needed a bodge to give the strings a decent break angle.

• Haha 1