Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer Stage I 1991
£1950
Greece

Dyon

Up for grabs is a stunning Warwick Stage I from 1991, considered by many as the golden era for Warwick as a current equivalent Masterbuilt instrument is usually in the ballpark figure of 5K+. The only cosmetic blemishes are the ones portrayed on the headstock. Besides those, the instrument is truly impeccable. It is equipped with MEC pickups and preamp and is also accompanied by a secondary set of preamp and EMG pickups.

Feel free to ask any questions.

https://reverb.com/shop/dionysiss-gear-outlet/feedback#

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/theygoto11

IMG_9837.jpg

IMG_9840.jpg

IMG_9848.jpg

IMG_9847.jpg

IMG_9845.jpg

IMG_9844.jpg

• Like 6

Are the 'inlays' stickers?  I've never seen a 91 SSI bass with inlays as they phased them out by 1990 and the low register inlays appear to be much bigger than regular ones.  

Your bass also has a 3 band EQ (I assume the original is with the EMG pups?), it might be worth mentioning that, as some people like the 3 band more than the 2.

• Like 2

It also looks as though the hardware has been swapped out - at least the machineheads have as they do not look like the Warwick branded Gotoh built machineheads you would normally find on basses of this era...

Still a cracking bass and the fact it comes with different pre and pups is a modders delight!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, warwickhunt said:

Are the 'inlays' stickers?  I've never seen a 91 SSI bass with inlays as they phased them out by 1990 and the low register inlays appear to be much bigger than regular ones.  

Your bass also has a 3 band EQ (I assume the original is with the EMG pups?), it might be worth mentioning that, as some people like the 3 band more than the 2.

No stickers, it is indeed one of the last that came with inlays. The preamp as well as the pickups are indeed new but everything have been restored in accordance to Warwick’s  database based on the serial number. In case a buyer is interested I have the emails to prove it.

2 hours ago, dyerseve said:

It also looks as though the hardware has been swapped out - at least the machineheads have as they do not look like the Warwick branded Gotoh built machineheads you would normally find on basses of this era...

Still a cracking bass and the fact it comes with different pre and pups is a modders delight!

To be truthful I have no idea regarding the tuners. However they keep the tuning impeccably well!

11 hours ago, Dyon said:

Unless a lower price is declared…

Aside from the moral/legal right or wrong... it is a whole world of potential problems 'if' something goes wrong.  :/ 

If HMRC decide to open a package (they are permitted to do this), they can get an independent valuation and you are in the sh*t.  The bigger issue IMHO is that if you declare it a lower value you can't insure the package for more than the value... if it gets lost or broken, who is responsible for the loss at the lower value?  

Just saying!  ;) 

• Like 5

Yeah, it’s a beautiful bass, and one of my dream instruments. I’d hate to see it damaged/uninsured while making its way here. That would be a nervous few days for both buyer and seller, while they waited for it to arrive in one piece.

I personally wouldn’t be taking any chances with the insurance. It’s there for a reason, for some piece of mind during the transaction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, DanTM said:

Hi

So the bass is currently equipped with MEC pus and 3band eq. Is that the original equipment or are the EMG pus and the 2band eq that you will add the original equipment?

Thanks

Dan

When I first bought the bass it came with EMG pickups and a 3 band eq. 2 years ago I contacted Warwick to establish whether it came with those pickups and preamp or not and their answer was that  in 1991 they would install both EMG and MEC pickups. Given that I love the MEC pickups and preamp on my LX5 Streamer I swapped the electronics with new ones that were purchased directly from Warwick. And yes, the bass will come with the extra EMG pickups and preamp.

Edited by Dyon