Why become a member? ×

CONTROL YOURSELF !!

Rayman

10 hours ago, Boodang said:

I don't think this will help, but I found the biggest difference to my live playing occurred when I swapped over from bg to EUB. The reason, I believe, is because I was no longer having to give any thought to what I was doing on stage... routed to the spot, it's easier to concentrate on my playing. 

Hugh Laurie said one of the reasons he picked piano over guitar was that he is lazy and wanted to sit down all the time!

Playing in a doom metal band involves little adrenaline. Our music is slow, the general mood of our music is dark and sombre, so I just awkwardly stare at my shoes for most of the time. That's not to say I don't enjoy it though! I love the style of music, and I'm quite comfortable with not having to stand out. There's some slow headbanging involved, and I always keep an eye on where my bandmates are and if there are holes on the stage I can fill, but otherwise not a lot is happening.

During the first few gigs with these guys I was scared shitless to make mistakes, since I would either have to let the wrong note ring for a full bar (with probably only my bandmates noticing) or adjust to the correct note but having the adjustment stand out like a sore thumb during the long notes :lol:. That's faded now, and I can relax a lot more on stage and interact more. 

• Like 2