Why become a member? ×

Purple Chili Phatt Bass 750w Head & Purple Chili 2x12 Cab. £650 - *SOLD*
£650
Wickford, Essex

binky_bass

Hi all,

Up for sale here is my absolutely beautiful Purple Chili Phatt Bass 750w head with matching 2x12 cab. I'm pretty sure I have Purple Chili branded covers for both too. 

I've very recently bought an Ashdown CTM300 which I think I'll now be keeping, so this lovely bit of kit needs to unfortunately go. 

It's in near immaculate condition, the head has a 3 valve (12ax7) pre-amp with a 750w solid state power section - both the head and cab are much lighter than you'd expect from looking at them, very easy one-hand lifts. 

The head is 9kg and the cab is 18kg, so really about as light as you could possibly get for this kind of rig! 

For anyone that read it, I did recently post a thread about my Mesa rig and this rig being under powered, the issues it turns out is with the power supply to my studio and not with the amps! Be that a good or a bad thing for me... 

I'd love to keep it, but I just can't justify having this rig, the Mesa rig AND the Ashdown rig, so in the spirit of wanting to give the Ashdown rig a good go over the next few months, this Purple Chili rig is on the chopping block. 

Only a very small handful of these were made due to the cost of manufacture, so this is a rare beast indeed! Hand made in the UK with entirely British sourced parts (bar a small number of components).

Looking for £650 for the lot which I believe is a very fair price indeed. 

Collection from Wickford in Essex. 

More pictures in a few days!

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 20

• binky_bass changed the title to Purple Chili Phatt Bass 750w Head & Purple Chili 2x12 Cab. £650 Regrettably SOLD