Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Forty Eight / 48

Alfie Noakes

I’m close to doing a deal on a used Sandberg Forty Eight, based mainly on a combination of curiosity and visual lust.

Anyone have any experiences, good or otherwise? Ideally, long term ownership.

(I’ve checked the BC Bass Guitar forum, but there’s not that much information or opinions to be had)

Edited by Alfie Noakes

No experience with the Forty Eight, but my nephew has a Sandberg MM2 with two Sandberg humbuckers very similar to the ones that will be in the Forty Eight and he loves it. I really rate it too and have rated pretty much every Sandberg I have tried.

My only comment is that the upper fret access on the Forty Eight doesn't look great, but that is partially down to the body design, however those interested in those type of basses generally know there is a bit of trade off with that kind of design.

Sandberg build quality is generally very high and they use high quality tuners and bridges. Delano pickups are very good. 

If the deal is good I would just say go for it.

1 hour ago, Alfie Noakes said:

I’m close to doing a deal on a used Sandberg Forty Eight, based mainly on a combination of curiosity and visual lust.

Twp perfectly good reasons to buy a bass :)

The neck pickup is actually a split coil and the bridge is a humbucker.