Why become a member? ×

N0ob!

Huw10

Hullo,

Joined here because its an absolute wealth of information. Folk seem friendly too, which is great coz these kinds of things can get pretty snidey and elitist at times. Been playing bass as long as I've been playing in bands (about 4 years), but i started off playing guitar. I used to play in a band called Fault and Fracture (post rock/metal meets euro skramz) and I now play in a band called A Guy Called Guy (diy punk/emo thing). The name is subject to much debate! Myspace can be found[post="0"]here[/post]

My technique is terrible and I use a pick... I look like a guitarist playing a bass. I strive for brilliant tone, but have fallen short so far. At the moment I'm playing a Fender Aerodyne Jazz (the Japan export only with the curved top and the CHROME!) with Wizrd Pickups into a Boss TU2 into an Ampeg SVT III pro into an Ampeg B410 HLF. Other gear I've used includes a TC Electrinic Vintage Overdrive and a Sansamp BDDI.

I also have interests in recording and watching smart gigs. So yeah...!

Huw

Hi Huw - welcome to the forum! :)

Yes, folk here pretty friendly, but flame wars can and do erupt occasionally :rolleyes: NB - Use of a pick is [i]not[/i] prohibited and recent consensus here suggests (1) that whatever works for you is good, and (2) fingers and pick all have their uses, depending on the circumstances.

As for the band name, it doesn't matter what you're called - all band names are crap till they get successful. In any case, I've heard worse than 'A Guy Called Guy' - there's an old thread somewhere on here about 'worst name for a band that you've been in' - search it out and enjoy!

cheers!

the link is www.myspace.com/guyguyrock

the stuff on there was using a boss 8track in our practice room. overdubbed my bass with the BDDI. Does the job, proper recordings in a couple of weeks.