Why become a member? ×

AI Mixing

Owen

5 hours ago, funkgod said:

ahhh buggernutz, sorry i did not know that, being a windows user,

the only thing apple i have in the studio is an

Imac 27" that is running windows 7 as its os, and runs fantastically would you believe,

i use it to run all my software synths, which it does a great job with no probs whatso ever.

if it broke today i would get another old imac to replace it. you can get them now for £50

a great tool to have just for that job.

For anyone looking to get a cheap machine to run say an older version of cubase or like me all your software synths, to use as a stand alone system just to do a specific job these old imacs are a very good option over a lap top due to allot of reasons, size of screen for one and the speed of them, you can get windows 7 on them quite easy, youtube is your friend here, just look for the ones with the dvd/cd drive on the right hand side of the screen otherwise its a real pain loading windows in using an external drive ! again youtube is your friend here as well, if you want more info just shout.

IMG_2893.thumb.JPG.3c1b817c6f4b91bdc1e102f1c7780330.JPG

IMG_2894.thumb.JPG.d9a97ba5dc9f0a5046ea6b6ab3d12720.JPG

IMG_2895.thumb.JPG.be3b15dea113a536c39e19691e8fc3bc.JPG

That's interesting, I was a Windows 7 fan when I had a PC but I'm a bit restricted for space nowadays, which is why I have to use a laptop.

On 14/01/2024 at 06:59, thebrig said:

That's interesting, I was a Windows 7 fan when I had a PC but I'm a bit restricted for space nowadays, which is why I have to use a laptop.

the imac is as you prob know, but just put here for others who dont know,  is just like having a single monitor, there is no tower or box for the pc brain as the computer is built into the back of the monitor screen, the whole thing is as you see it. so its a pritty good space saving, option.

• Like 1

I still have my old 2007 iMac in the workshop. Back in the day it  was my DAW running Cubase on MacOS; now it's on Windows 7 and serves as my CNC and laser cutter controller. Those old iMacs were really well built, it's been faultless for over 16 years. 

On 14/01/2024 at 06:59, thebrig said:

You could do worse than an ‘all-in-one’ I have an old Lenovo that is still just about up to the job. 
I am looking to upgrade but the last box I tried went back as it had a pathetic power supply attachment. 

On 21/01/2024 at 10:30, Wolfram said:

I still have my old 2007 iMac in the workshop. Back in the day it  was my DAW running Cubase on MacOS; now it's on Windows 7 and serves as my CNC and laser cutter controller. Those old iMacs were really well built, it's been faultless for over 16 years. 

thats prob the reason so many studios still use them, i know 5 studios now that use these with windows 7 for various jobs. 3 of them because they had seen mine and was sick of there tower or lap top having probs,  mine was purchased on good advice from one, in fact it was "i.clarke" on here who came up with the idea

and out of all of them ounce up and running only one of them have had a fault, and that was with the graphics, but was soon sorted.

great tools for the job

On 21/01/2024 at 11:08, lurksalot said:

You could do worse than an ‘all-in-one’ I have an old Lenovo that is still just about up to the job. 
I am looking to upgrade but the last box I tried went back as it had a pathetic power supply attachment. 

hi kev you might want to have a look at these, if interested giz a bell and pop in, al show you it running.

Edited by funkgod
  • Like 1