Why become a member? ×

Hi from Andy (basexperience) - who forgot to say hi

basexperience

Hello Basschat!

I've been a member for ages but I never posted an introduction, so I thought I'd do it now.

• Originally from Scotland (South east - Edinburgh / Fife)
  • Now living in SE England, and yep, the weather is better overall...
  • Bassist since around 1988
  • Early influences all metal and rock - Iron Maiden (many, many albums learned by ear), Metallica, Testament, Anthrax (lots of anthrax) and a lot more
  • Moved through Rush (dared by a friend, learned many, many albums by ear!) and joined cover bands while studying in Scotland - now enjoying guitar hero stuff too - Satriani (Hamm), Via (Hamm), Hamm... haha
  • Perth Music College alum
  • More bands playing more covers meant I started playing pop and funk more - really got into funk. Chilipeppers, James Brown, Sly Stone (early 90s by this time)
  • A lot of fallow time in the last 90s / early 2000s - just playing alone, which was in retrospect horrible!
  • Got back into playing live properly with open mic nights in Reading, and still doing them now.

Gearwise, I've got a lot of stuff...

Amps include a Trace V4 (the all-tube V2) in a custom Zilla cabs shell, Warwick Neo Pro cabs, I have a Warwick Pro Tube IX 900w head, a Warwick LWA500 (which is amazing) and an Ashdown ABM500. Also Markbass Traveller for portability (use a lot on the pub gigs) and a Roland Micro Cube XL bass (amazing - 6 AA batteries and they last, too - sounds great!).

Basswise, I'm up to 15 now, I think, spanning jazz, precision, weird ones like the Ibanez Ashula 7-string (which is gorgeous to play and great for flexibility!), 4, 5 and 6 strings, plus I have an Ashbory rubber stringed one (which works great for upright sounds live).

Playing a lot of fun stuff, still a lot of funky stuff (http://www.infinitebiscuits.co.uk for the funky project!) and in a couple of function bands as a sideman, plus a lot of house band work for local jam nights. Gig 2-3 times a month, but I'd like it to be once a week. Want to spend a but more time in the studio though.

I'm really happy to be here - this place is amazing.

TTFN

Andy

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, basexperience said:

Hello Basschat!

I've been a member for ages but I never posted an introduction, so I thought I'd do it now.

• Originally from Scotland (South east - Edinburgh / Fife)
  • Now living in SE England, and yep, the weather is better overall...
  • Bassist since around 1988
  • Early influences all metal and rock - Iron Maiden (many, many albums learned by ear), Metallica, Testament, Anthrax (lots of anthrax) and a lot more
  • Moved through Rush (dared by a friend, learned many, many albums by ear!) and joined cover bands while studying in Scotland - now enjoying guitar hero stuff too - Satriani (Hamm), Via (Hamm), Hamm... haha
  • Perth Music College alum
  • More bands playing more covers meant I started playing pop and funk more - really got into funk. Chilipeppers, James Brown, Sly Stone (early 90s by this time)
  • A lot of fallow time in the last 90s / early 2000s - just playing alone, which was in retrospect horrible!
  • Got back into playing live properly with open mic nights in Reading, and still doing them now.

Gearwise, I've got a lot of stuff...

Amps include a Trace V4 (the all-tube V2) in a custom Zilla cabs shell, Warwick Neo Pro cabs, I have a Warwick Pro Tube IX 900w head, a Warwick LWA500 (which is amazing) and an Ashdown ABM500. Also Markbass Traveller for portability (use a lot on the pub gigs) and a Roland Micro Cube XL bass (amazing - 6 AA batteries and they last, too - sounds great!).

Basswise, I'm up to 15 now, I think, spanning jazz, precision, weird ones like the Ibanez Ashula 7-string (which is gorgeous to play and great for flexibility!), 4, 5 and 6 strings, plus I have an Ashbory rubber stringed one (which works great for upright sounds live).

Playing a lot of fun stuff, still a lot of funky stuff (http://www.infinitebiscuits.co.uk for the funky project!) and in a couple of function bands as a sideman, plus a lot of house band work for local jam nights. Gig 2-3 times a month, but I'd like it to be once a week. Want to spend a but more time in the studio though.

I'm really happy to be here - this place is amazing.

TTFN

Andy

Belated, but warm welcome buddy.

• Like 1

hi Andy

...a good range of experience plus a wide variety of gear you have there - sounds like an interesting and enjoyable journey this far, and hopefully yet to come

greetings from an earlier border crosser

sandy

Edited by sandy_r
  • Like 1