Why become a member? ×

MTD Kingston LK5 price adjustment £750 with courier UK delivery included. - *SOLD*
£900
Kendal, Lake District

GreeneKing

I’ve had a rethink over the price. Reduced to £800. A seriously sorted bass. Offers or trade suggestions welcome, not necessarily bass.

Here's is my MTD Lynn Keller Kingston 5 string. It has several upgrades.

The bass has a 32" scale with a zero fret. 16.5mm string spacing and an asymmetric neck. It is lightweight at 8lb. It has Newtone Platinum strings fitted with little use on them.

The bass cavities have been shielded with copper tape. A US Bartolini HR-5.3AP/918 3EQ preamp has been fitted. The bass has Volume(Active/Passive)/Volume/Bass/Middle/Treble with a 'High Middle Low' mid 3 way selector. There is an added 9v battery in the main cavity giving 18v total supply. It also has an upgraded Switchcraft jack.

The original pickups had a very low output that seriously compromised the bass. They are also an unusual size. I had Mike Walsh of Zoot Bass remanufacture the pickups in the original cases and the result is stunning. Mike may be best known for making fine basses but his own pickups benefit from his depth of knowledge and attention to detail. The pickups now have a solid output comparable to vintage Fender pickups.

Finally, the bass has US Ultralite Hipshot tuners, better quality black coated brass knobs and Dunlop strap locks.

In excellent condition with no discernible  wear orchids/damage, as can be seen from the photos.

It will come with a good quality gig bag and I will ship at cost.

It is a tone monster :)

Inspection and trying the bass out is welcome. I can take more photos at a higher quality.

I have the original Bartolini pre-amp (Chinese version?), tuners, jack socket, strap buttons and knobs that I will include in the sale.

This is a great bass for those who favour a shorter scale and still want an effective 5 string bass. The zero fret, asymmetric neck and light weight make it a pleasure to play. It also has the Buzz Feiten tuning system.

Peter

IMG_3646.thumb.jpg.e75bb2a78f6dccd02841ac47590f08e6.jpg

IMG_3647.thumb.jpg.c8808285b224d38803ecc6fcabfdca8b.jpg

IMG_3648.thumb.jpg.dc7c9374e6a5b9ed48a3bcacc75e7fab.jpg

IMG_3652.thumb.jpg.78f20af0c52fe93954d03b550769c9fc.jpg

IMG_3649.thumb.jpg.fbad80b6bec437da4ee830d2398eb2d6.jpg

IMG_3651.thumb.jpg.ce8045ed3080e115e3b58c709edc9ca7.jpg

Edited by GreeneKing
  • Like 8

• GreeneKing changed the title to MTD Kingston LK5 price adjustment with courier UK delivery included.
  • GreeneKing changed the title to SOLD MTD Kingston LK5 price adjustment £750 with courier UK delivery included.