Why become a member? ×

Oops, forgot to introduce myself

jeroenvanhulsteijn

Seems I signed up in 2021 but never gave a proper introduction.

Well here goes. My first post I guess in 2 years. 

One of my team mates from the musical team said to me: bassists are very supportive people.

I took the compliment and told her I was a guitar player in disguise.

This year I started playing bass again as one of the ministry teams in church needed a bass player (I dare say that every team needs the bass).

Some twenty years ago I played bass with a choir for a couple of years.

I picked up a cheap Adonis bass that was covered with Lego blocks and was fully enjoying the bass again. I shifted to an Epiphone EB3, but couldn't stand the neck dive. 

In spring I found a really cheap Stagg EUB that was salvaged from a pub wall by someone. It was cheap enough to encourage me to try playing the EUB. And I must say I'm enjoying the heck out of it playing this thing.

At home and in church it goes into the DI straight to the mixing console. At home I use an Ibanez BE10 for some EQ'ing.

At the moment I use an Audio Kitchen TSTDI. But it will be on holidays at CharlieTuna's place for a while.

I don't really use effects with bass. But I do tend to buy effects that could work out with both bass and guitar. At the moment my gear is more guitar orientated though (Williams Audio MK1-Strymon Deco v2-Subdecay Echo Box-Boss CH1-Audio Kitchen TST DI).

If in need of an amp I have a ZT Lunchbox acoustic and a Harry Kolbe Single Twelve for some more volume.

Other gear are an electric twelve string (Stoney Creek Obsidian), old swedish acoustic archtop, Tom Barth Tommyhawk acoustic travel guitar and a G Sharp electric travel guitar.

I got my wife and two daughters at home. And a bunch of collegues at work. I take effort in being a work planner at a construction company. Well, sometimes it works out, sometimes everyone seems to live outside their schedules.

Most probably I won't be a very very active posting member (busy family man). But I find this site a very informative source for everything bass. So I hope to be able to contribute some sensible things.

Best to you all and God bless!

Greetings from the Netherlands.

• Like 1

greetings jeroen!   sounds like a busy life you have there ...so all the more important to enjoy some music making with family or friends

i'm a newbie here (although a bass oldie) and BC seems to be like a virtual mix of family and friends - hope you also find some interesting discussions and helpful info here when you're able to call in

i like the quote, supposedly by a Mr J Lennon: "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

Edited by sandy_r