Why become a member? ×

Loking for help on a Telecaster or similar....

rwillett

I bought one of these recently...

https://www.thomann.de/intl/harley_benton_te_90qm_trans_red.htm

Fantastic guitar for the money. I had to adjust the intonation, but it looks and plays really well.

I thought the neck was very slim, but I don't have experience of other Tele style guitars. 

Thomann give you a 30 day money back guarantee so nothing lost if you don't like it.

Well, my thoughts are

1. I'll wreck the neck. 

2. I'll shave a lump of me down

3. It'll pop up and take my other eye out. My only decent one.

4. I might create a fire from doing it so fast and the garage burns down taking with it a row of Grade II listed cottages. 

5. My insurance doesn't cover the above and I need to declare bankruptcy, my partner leaves me, takes the kids with her. I become destitute and end up living on the the streets eeking out a living on a scrappy three string bass, like Seasick Steve. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, rwillett said:

Well, my thoughts are

1. I'll wreck the neck. 

2. I'll shave a lump of me down

3. It'll pop up and take my other eye out. My only decent one.

4. I might create a fire from doing it so fast and the garage burns down taking with it a row of Grade II listed cottages. 

5. My insurance doesn't cover the above and I need to declare bankruptcy, my partner leaves me, takes the kids with her. I become destitute and end up living on the the streets eeking out a living on a scrappy three string bass, like Seasick Steve. 

still wortha go 🤣

• Like 1

I have donated the guitar kit build to the local music dept at the school. It's fine for kids to learn on and bash around. They were delighted to take it. 

I've now got a Yamaha neck. A 121DM neck which appears to be from the 90s. It's very thin and I'm 3d printing a body to fit it. 

You can see the thread here.  

Edited by rwillett

23 hours ago, The Saint said:

I bought one of these recently...

https://www.thomann.de/intl/harley_benton_te_90qm_trans_red.htm

Fantastic guitar for the money. I had to adjust the intonation, but it looks and plays really well.

I thought the neck was very slim, but I don't have experience of other Tele style guitars. 

Thomann give you a 30 day money back guarantee so nothing lost if you don't like it.

I wish you hadn't posted that. Starts me thinking bad thoughts again. 😉

At the risk of tipping you into the abyss, I am currently enjoying time with this little fella....

https://www.thomann.de/intl/harley_benton_te_20mn_bm_standard_series.htm?shp=eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiZnIiLCJjdXJyZW5jeSI6NCwibGFuZ3VhZ2UiOjJ9&reload=1

Can't praise this guitar enough, build quality and finish is superb. All for less than 80 squid.

Insane.