Why become a member? ×

GONE: Please close. Last bump, or it's getting donated. Vintage 1980's Cort headless bass, with modifications. Possible trade option(s)
£200
Cardiff

Marc S

DROP: This is now £175, if gone by Saturday - If it's still here, I may donate it to someone I know who has set up his own guitar & bass school.

Just adding a possible trade - I'm potentially seeking a Fretless Jazz neck (Fender / Squier fit), or maybe a fretless bass - cash added for the right one.

You don't see many of these around, as I gather they weren't in production for long. 

1980's Cort headless bass, with Steinberger licensed bridge & nut. Features my own home made strap extension, using a metal bracket and wood added upper horn - as I couldn't reach the end of the neck comfortably before.

This bass is fitted with passive EMG pickups, which are absolutely thunderous! It's louder than either of my active basses, and these pickups sound awesome. Not sure it was originally fitted with EMGs, and have seen no mention of this.

I had the frets levelled a while back by a Luther near Cardiff, and the bass plays nicely. However, the action is a tad on the high side IMHO. This hasn't bothered me too much, as I tended to play it quite hard, in the band I mainly used it for.

Ideal as a backup / spare as its so compact & light (around 3kg I think). It has a few scuffs & scrapes, and has definitely been gigged. Comes with nicely padded gigbag.

I'm only selling as my backup is now a short scale headless Ibanez - so I'm not using this anymore. Collection from Cardiff preferred. I don't have a box / packaging.

No trades (other than fretless Jazz neck) - I'm having a clear out.

The skulls are easily removable stickers - I used in on a couple of Halloween gigs.

20231001_170655~2.jpg

20231001_170738~2.jpg

20231001_170813~2.jpg

20231001_170836~2.jpg

20231001_170537~2.jpg

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, haimesy said:

Sure I’ve got an old photo of mine in front of my Session combo . State of the art in the early eighties 😁

I was rather more State of the art in the 80's than I am now ha ha 😂 

I've got one of these - bought it off someone on here 10 or so years back. Really nice little basses, these appeared in 1983/4, at the same time as the Hohner B2A licensed Steiny clones which were also made by Cort. Probably why they got the Steinberger hardware.

£200 sounds like a pretty good price for a rare bass- GLWTS!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bassassin said:

I've got one of these - bought it off someone on here 10 or so years back. Really nice little basses, these appeared in 1983/4, at the same time as the Hohner B2A licensed Steiny clones which were also made by Cort. Probably why they got the Steinberger hardware.

£200 sounds like a pretty good price for a rare bass- GLWTS!

Just wondered about the pickups @Bassassin- are they EMGs in your Cort? The pickups in this are so good, I've even thought of taking them out of the bass and keeping them for something else

• Marc S changed the title to Vintage 1980's Cort headless bass, with modifications. Poss trade options

Just adding some possible trade options - I'm looking for a Fender / Squier fit fretless Jazz neck (preferably lined). 
Or I may opt for the right fretless bass. Willing to add cash for the right deal.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Marc S changed the title to Vintage 1980's Cort headless bass, with modifications. Possible trade option(s)
  • 1 month later...

Last bump for this bass for a while (I may withdraw it until sometime next year).

I took this bass to a rehearsal studio the other night, and it sounded absolute killer! Especially at high volume - those EMG pickups sounded superb. Perhaps it's also down to the through neck construction? I don't know - it just sounded "huge" with an amazing low end. I'm only selling as I have my eye on something else,  something very different, and I'm trying to stick to my one-in-one-out policy

• 3 weeks later...

Just reiterating - I'm looking for a Fretless Jazz neck, either a Squier or Fender (Mex) and willing to consider trades against this - with cash added if necessary.

I now need this out of the way - so I have dropped the price to £175 collected (or poss meet?)
If it's not gone by Saturday - I may well donate it to a mate who has recently set up his own guitar / bass / music school.

Edited by Marc S

• Marc S changed the title to GONE: Please close. Last bump, or it's getting donated. Vintage 1980's Cort headless bass, with modifications. Possible trade option(s)