Why become a member? ×

Custom pickguard for Jazz Bass?

RikiB

I have the Medium scale Aerodyne that I love but I know I’d love more with a Precision pickup in the neck,does anyone know a place I could get a pickguard made as the pickguard isn’t a standard sized one it’s a lot smaller and to have cutouts for a P pickup and I’ll route the body to fit the pickup in to.

• 1 month later...
On 04/10/2023 at 13:22, borntohang said:

Jacks/Tiny Tone are good. I got my custom Jazz guard there which I'm gratified to see is on their example page...

75FlOIu.jpeg

Nice!

One of the things I prefer about Precision vs Jazz is their one-piece pieckguard/control panel - it seems a nicer design to me than the usual Jazz thing with a seperate chrome control panel and different pickguard. 

Without going the custom Tiny Tone route (which would be good, but being custom I guess gets expensive), does anyone know where I can get a one-piece plastic one just off the shelf? Something like this to go with my USA Sunburst Jazz:

image.png.65b3ff6a4bf8a6697301115628db4962.png

It seems Fender produced them for a while in the 80s and 90s https://www.talkbass.com/threads/fender-jazz-bass-with-a-one-piece-pickguard-american-traditional-90s-mim-etc.857688/

Edited by SumOne