Why become a member? ×

Is This Even Playable?

binky_bass

6 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Criticism?? Where would you start??

Height of the the frets?? Ludicrous

Neck through? So how does the body reverberate? Is this two separate chambers? Doesn't the size of the sound holes restrict the sound coming out?

Rivals the work of the famed Mr Phillips.

Somebody has put a lot of time into this. They may not have done a good musical job but

1. There are the right number of strings for a six string.

2. The bridge appears to be in more or less the right place. There does not appear to be any holes from where a blind person has attempted to repeatedly attach the bridge.

3. It appears to be one guitar and not the off spring of two random guitars smashed together.

4. From a wood working point of view, there is skill here. I couldn't make that, but then again I struggle putting a nail in a plank without losing an eye.

On the downsides,

1. The frets are so high, there is a small micro climate in their shade.

2. The head looks like it's heavier than the body. I don't think neck dive would be a problem, as you may never pick the head up off the floor.

3. The strings look like actual string but that could be my eyes.

Your point about how it sounds is spot on. I have no idea how it would sound and would love to know.

As a prop in a film, or in somebodies man cave, this might work.

I like it in a sort of eccentric kind of way. Would I pay £300 for it, no. Would I pay anything, probably not as I'm looking at another <ahem> non bass guitar for my daughter. The CFO explicitly asked me yesterday how many guitars I have. That was a very difficult question to answer that didn't involve a lie. So I invoked the "weren't very expensive" counter argument and mumbled a bit about saying "six" then realised it was "seven" and had to correct myself. I then said some were my daughters (who can;t actually play). This provoked a raised eye brow, so suspect I'm sleeping alone for a night or so 😢

Rob

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

This is why the job of designer and fabricator are two seperate roles.

The person who made that has some real skill, unfortunately they have no idea what a guitar is.

Almost as if they made a guitar without ever seeing one and having it described to them 

• Like 1