Why become a member? ×

Cult of Zoom MS-50G/MS-60B/MS-70CDR/G1(X)on/B1(X)on

Baloney Balderdash

9 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

You should run the 2 B1on pedals through a Boss LS-2 or similar so you'll achieve parallel effect signal patch blending capabilities, or global clean blend when on of the units is bypassed.

It really does add an extra dimension to your tone, doesn't it?

But without muddying things up.

And yes, to me it sounds as great as any reverb effect, not 2nd grade quality.

I do have some additional more lush reverb patches, an extremely lush reverb patch that is used for a pad effect with volume swell ins, using the build in expression pedal on my B1Xon assigned to input volume (though I suppose you could use the Slow effect for a similar automatic volume swells effect), and I I got a great bass wah pedal patch as well, but again that is utilizing the build in expression pedal, you might be able to use it by dialing in the resonance parameter, to make it envelope controlled instead.

I'll have a look at the parameter settings later and post them.

Thank you so much, I would so appreciate it. I am a big reverb fan being a fretless player so any you have would be amazing. The Wah patch sounds interesting as well. Thank you :)

@Baloney Balderdash...

2x A/B/Y... 1 to split and 1 to join?

I'll have a look and think about that..

What's your take on the Expression Pedal On/Off Switch and Use or am i missing something?

Wish it turned the 'Variable' OFF/ back to default, not the 'Effect'

I'm alright with the sounds of the Amp/Can SIMs, I had a B1 Four and sold it to buy the older B1on for the 'Missing' Marshall Super Bass.

Would you care-to-share your 'Trippy Reverse Delay' Patch?

Mental!.. all this in a 'lil box at about the £30 mark... less if ya lucky!

Edited by PaulThePlug

21 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

@Baloney Balderdash...

2x A/B/Y... 1 to split and 1 to join?

I'll have a look and think about that..

What's your take on the Expression Pedal On/Off Switch and Use or am i missing something?

Wish it turned the 'Variable' OFF/ back to default, not the 'Effect'

I'm alright with the sounds of the Amp/Can SIMs, I had a B1 Four and sold it to buy the older B1on for the 'Missing' Marshall Super Bass.

Would you care-to-share your 'Trippy Reverse Delay' Patch?

Mental!.. all this in a 'lil box at about the £30 mark... less if ya lucky!

You would need a pedal with mixing capabilities like the Boss LS-2 I suggested, for mixing the two parallel signal paths instead of just spitting them for it to work properly, the LS-2 would both spilt, mixing them at whatever ratio you see fit and recombine them all in one single standard Boss pedal sized pedal, and be buffered, avoiding potential impedance issues of simple passive signal splitting.

The LS-2 basically being a foot switchable 2 channel/effects loops pedal size active mixer.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

44 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

How are you guys powering your MS pedals? Are you using batteries, individual mains power supply or lead into a power pack?

My MS60B is on a pedalboard with an isolated power supply for the other 4 pedals.

I have an MS50G for church guitar playing, which sometimes is on it's own with a single PSU, sometimes on a board with an 8 way unit.

Found AAs get a little unreliable, never know when they will just cease!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linus27 said:

How are you guys powering your MS pedals? Are you using batteries, individual mains power supply or lead into a power pack?

The loose one - rechargeable batteries. I always carry a spare pair of charged batteries and check the battery level before starting.

The ones on a pedalboard - Vitoos ISO8 power supply.

• Like 1