Why become a member? ×

Vintera II Telecaster bass...not officially released yet, but used ones are already popping up!

jd56hawk

I played one of these this morning in Promenade Music in Morecambe. Gary (the bass guru who works there) was rather excited about it and said he'd put it up against mostly everything in the shop and it was his favourite bass of the moment. In fact he keeps it in the demo room so he can go and play it often.

I must say, it was light, felt good, looked good and sounded rather splendid. I currently have three P's and a J, but this has me thinking I might need a 5th bass. It was the vintage white one and the colour really did look like an old '74 Olympic white strat I had years ago.

I really don't need this kind of dilemma at the moment!

Rob

• Like 4

On 27/09/2023 at 13:08, Tee said:

Looks nice but I'd have preferred the '68-'71 version with the SC in the sweet spot.

On 27/09/2023 at 13:25, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Thank goodness for Squier!

I must admit I'm nervous of the mudbucker.  I'll have to find a shop which has both and shoot them out against each other.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Quilly said:

I got a serious case of gas when I saw this for sale , my main worry is that it might be kinda awkward to play with that humbucker so far forward (no thumb rest ). Also I may tire of the tone of it but it looks so cool .

I thought that but I played one on Saturday and it wasn't an issue at all.

4 hours ago, Linus27 said:

I thought that but I played one on Saturday and it wasn't an issue at all.

I've had mine for 5 or 6 weeks and I love it more each time I play it. It's really comfortable and although the sounds are somewhat limited (humbucker, single tone knob etc.), it really isn't boomy if you don't want it to be and there are some lovely tones you can get from it. 

There was a common upgrade (should say ‘mod’ rather than upgrade) to the wiring of the pickup on the Squier VM Precision Tele Bass from around 2010 that would probably work on this pickup too to give some different tones. Should be findable on here

Edited by Wotcher2