Why become a member? ×

Checking in, from Lancashire UK

UziYerDaddy

Hi all,

I taught myself to play bass in the 90s and did some gigs before quitting in 2001. In all honesty, I originally wanted to play a 6-string, but was put on bass as my mates both played guitar. I admit that I really enjoyed it and got a buzz from playing live. Back then I had a Fender P-Bass and a Marshall amp.

Fast forward to last year and I decided to buy a 6-string to rekindle my yearning to play riffs and stuff, so I bought a Les Paul. And a Mustang. And a Jag-Stang 🤣 Learning has been slow due to long covid which knocked 7 shades out of me. BUT I still had a hankering to keep my hand in on a bass, so bought myself a Höfner Ignition Special Edition Violin Bass in Sunburst, plus an Orange Crush Bass 25 amp. After all, I now like short scale stuff!

It's weird trying to pick up from where I left off. My fingers aren't as pliable as they were and I forgot how hard bass strings were on the fingers!

IMG_0843.thumb.jpg.75e24e493073c2f04bc7466c1f2fbd6e.jpg

IMG_0836.thumb.jpg.08ea65a53f90565fd13b2770783c70bb.thumb.jpg.0cf5c855b701bc031997e1bc1ff8931c.jpg

IMG_0839.thumb.jpg.a792b693d6f7d6edd372c61c79274b5f.thumb.jpg.16e0d4ab36ff90788c767ed5d0a29480.jpg

4 minutes ago, Richard R said:

Welcome aboard!

:crigon_04:

Flatwound strings are easier on the fingers, so my son informs me.

I think that will be a way to go when I'm more proficient. I need to set the thing up properly yet. I'm sure I read about setting the pup heights on this somewhere.