Why become a member? ×

Pedulla Truss Rod Tool - suitable Alternative?

dyerseve

@Hellzero pointed me towards one which does do the job - it's a 3/16" tuning peg (American so out of step with the rest of the world), a Grover 8020 does the job. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grover-8020-Autoharp-Tuning-Hammer/dp/B0002F7IEE (it's actually a black plastic handle). In case you don't already know, the truss rod is the reverse of conventional (clockwise to loosen) and it's got a very strong action so when you might expect to put a half turn on a non-Pedulla truss rod, you'll probably need an eighth of a turn on the Pedulla.

• Like 2

Thank you very much @tauzero ! Thats extremely helpful. As im located in Germany i had to find an alternative as they wouldnt ship here. However i found the same thing much cheaper and with free shipping from Amazon US. 

For others in my predicament this is what i have ordered:

Harpsicle 18532 Impact Wrench Afinacion Performance Profile Harp https://amzn.eu/d/bIPm3xr

5 hours ago, dyerseve said:

Has anyone found an alternative for the original Tool as i have two Pedullas and neither has one.

Ive heard of people using an "autoharp tuning wrench" however i have tried 2 different ones and neither fit...

I have no idea but it's unkind to start a thread about a Pedulla and not share a picture... 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I have no idea but it's unkind to start a thread about a Pedulla and not share a picture... 😁

Lol, how very rude of me! I am away from home currently. I have one more on the way that wont arrive until early October. When it does arrive, this is what it will look like...

Screenshot_20230914_075404_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...