Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

timmchale2009

Hi All!

Please bare in mind that this is just a feeler, I'm only considering selling. I literally bought this bass, brand new from Back Alley Music, Chester on Saturday and as beautiful and amazing sounding as it is, I'm not quite sure it's me and what I'm looking for from my bass sound, bare in mind I'm also using a 72 reissue Jazz Bass and I feel I would still pick that and use that as my first bass! You'll be aware of the price i've just paid for this, so reasonable ideas/offers will be considered as it is pretty much a brand new bass guitar. It's the transparent crimson red finish with rosewood neck! You can see the grain and it's really a stunner. I still haven't removed the covering from the pickguard. Basically I'm wondering if anyone would be possibly interested in buying it?! If so how much are you willing to offer, bare in mind I would possibly go for a part-ex for a Rickenbacker 4003 (preferably in Jetglo or Mapleglo?! Although not too fussy!)

Here's a few pictures just to give you a taster, sorry about quality of the photographs taken with that glorious piece of technology that is the iPhone!:

Edited by timmchale2009

[quote name='gareth' post='481075' date='May 6 2009, 03:27 PM']Don't be in a hurry to judge these basses - they really are slow burners - if you persist with it I am sure you will come to value it and see its true potential.

I know - I've got one in blue and i've also got the 5 string version, which strangely is completely different.

The RBIV is quite aggressive and if you are not used to it it might come as a surprise.

If I were you I would persivere with the bass - useit, gig it - and you may come to love it.

Anyway if you sell it now, unless you got it for a big discount, you are gonna loose a lot of doe.[/quote]

A lot of people have PM'd me with similar advice regarding my Sadowsky, and I must admit, the more I play it, the more I'm starting to see the wisdom.
Chris

Yeah I guess I mean i've had a couple of rehearsals with it, one saturday and one sunday and I've ended up reverting back to my Jazz because I know where I am with it, it just fits the sound I am going for. Maybe this was just one of those rash purchases, sounds great in the shop but when you try to get it to fit what you want it to do outside it's not exactly what you're looking for.

[quote name='gareth' post='481075' date='May 6 2009, 03:27 PM']Don't be in a hurry to judge these basses - they really are slow burners - if you persist with it I am sure you will come to value it and see its true potential.

I know - I've got one in blue and i've also got the 5 string version, which strangely is completely different.

The RBIV is quite aggressive and if you are not used to it it might come as a surprise.

If I were you I would persivere with the bass - useit, gig it - and you may come to love it.

Anyway if you sell it now, unless you got it for a big discount, you are gonna loose a lot of doe.[/quote]

[quote name='gareth' post='481320' date='May 6 2009, 06:57 PM']Whats important if you are gigging is not so much the sound on stage but the sound the audience hears.

Jazz basses tend to get lost in the mix but I've had so many good comments about the RBIV's tone and its ability to cut thru and be heard.[/quote]

sorry...... can't let that one past

Jazz Basses lost in the mix ? Can't say i've ever found that to be the case, either on stage playing or mixing

Last time I saw Geddy Lee I heard him pretty clearly !!

Adam Clayton get's heard OK

Last time I heard "BossHog" play his 66 Jazz live in a club against 2 guitars he cut through like a hot knife through low calorie spread :)