Why become a member? ×

Worth it?

5 minutes ago, JottoSW1 said:

Will probably go for 850.

Do you want to pay 900

Looks Nice.

Go for it.

It does look ok tbh. Let’s see how the last 10 secs of the bid goes. 

The collection only seemed a bit questionable but the more I do eBay searches many ask for collection. 

Edited by soulstar89

£827. Not bad for a JV these days, have seen them hitting 4 figures over the last few years.

Looks tidy enough, although the body appears to be in better condition than the rest of it so I'm inclined to think refin, but maybe not that recent.

36 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

£827. Not bad for a JV these days, have seen them hitting 4 figures over the last few years.

Looks tidy enough, although the body appears to be in better condition than the rest of it so I'm inclined to think refin, but maybe not that recent.

I was confused when you said it went for 827. 

I literally missed it by a min. It showed 785, with the green sold icon. EBay can be weird sometimes. 

did you win the bid? 

I can't relate to Squiers for that sort of money; I understand that there are the "If you know, you know" advocates, but to me they are budget instruments which punch above their weight rather than really being worth that much.

Still, folks with cash to spend evidently disagree! 🙂

Edited by prowla

2 hours ago, prowla said:

I can't relate to Squiers for that sort of money; I understand that there are the "If you know, you know" advocates, but to me they are budget instruments which punch above their weight rather than really being worth that much.

Still, folks with cash to spend evidently disagree! 🙂

These are of the same materials and specs of the top end American models of that time. They was the very first Japanese fenders. It’s one of those where you will have to see and play one to understand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulstar89 said:

These are of the same materials and specs of the top end American models of that time. They was the very first Japanese fenders. It’s one of those where you will have to see and play one to understand

...a variation on "if you know, you know"! 🙂

3 hours ago, prowla said:

...a variation on "if you know, you know"! 🙂

Yep true. Let’s keep it that way so the price doesn’t go up even more. 

I resent when a Leica m3 film camera was cheaper than a m2 even though it’s was a much better camera. Then all of a sudden people clocked and the m3 became more expensive. 

On 28/08/2023 at 14:07, soulstar89 said:

I was confused when you said it went for 827. 

I literally missed it by a min. It showed 785, with the green sold icon. EBay can be weird sometimes. 

did you win the bid? 

Not me! I just have an interest in MIJ basses from this period - certainly with the JVs (& to a lesser extent the subsequent SQ, E & A-serial instruments) the prices have skyrocketed over the last 10 years or so. People are working out that stuff that was seen as throwaway 30-odd years ago was often better than the high price stuff from the same era.

I'm not really a Precision player but I have had a few - by far the nicest was an '84 SQ Squier.

35 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Not me! I just have an interest in MIJ basses from this period - certainly with the JVs (& to a lesser extent the subsequent SQ, E & A-serial instruments) the prices have skyrocketed over the last 10 years or so. People are working out that stuff that was seen as throwaway 30-odd years ago was often better than the high price stuff from the same era.

I'm not really a Precision player but I have had a few - by far the nicest was an '84 SQ Squier.

I’ve found many things of yesteryear are built to a higher standard maybe as they was over engineered (japan and Germany to be more specific) 

I was surprised that my app didn’t show me the actual price it went for. I wasn’t surprised of the final price tbh. Gutted I missed it. 

You are lucky to have a 84. I would love a MIJ 84 as it’s my birth year.