Why become a member? ×

Strings for a Fender JMJ

Old Horse Murphy

1 minute ago, police squad said:

so the copper foil needs to touch the silver control plate. No soldering of wires to earth on say, the volume pot?

You are correct, Sir. An area of overlap does the trick, it did for me at least. 

So the trip/gig in Scotland has been cancelled due to logistical reasons but the good news is I've picked up one locally on Saturday which means I get to use the JMJ after all. 

The only downside is that I'm not going to see my mate for a fair while to hand the bass back. I'm mean, what's a man to do....😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

So the trip/gig in Scotland has been cancelled due to logistical reasons but the good news is I've picked up one locally on Saturday which means I get to use the JMJ after all. 

The only downside is that I'm not going to see my mate for a fair while to hand the bass back. I'm mean, what's a man to do....😆

Jump up and down, whilst shouting, “RESULT!”

• Haha 4

So after a disappointing gig on Saturday where the JMJ performed admirably alongside my Sandberg Lionel I decided to make my mate an offer he couldn't refuse.

After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing I'm pleased to say that the JMJ is now mine. 

Edited by Old Horse Murphy
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

So after a disappointing gig on Saturday where the JMJ performed admirably alongside my Sandberg Lionel I decided to make my mate an offer he couldn't refuse.

After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing I'm pleased to say that the JMJ is now mine. 

great aren't they

• Like 3