Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD: Bacchus Craft STD-Jazz Bass 4, Aguilar Pre, (Made in Japan) - £500 - *SOLD*
£500
Plymouth

Raslee

The one in, one out policy is very strong with Mrs Raslee currently due to saving so this one is very sadly up for sale due to another purchase. Admittedly I would easily be keeping this bass  and selling something else if it wasn't on the heavier side for my stupidly sensitive glass back, but at at 9.2lbs it is not a boat anchor by any means, rather all my basses are now less than 8.2lbs and i have become accustomed to that - all with comfort straps!  

When i got this bass i felt this was the bargain of the century - this is 'super jazz' territory! The sound, the quality, just simply everything about this bass really is spot on (see the previous F/S add) and i've owned many high end jazzes to compare. As aforementioned though,  the weight for me just ain't happening, which means it's unlikely to get the use it really deserves. So i am confident whoever buys this will be equally as happy with their bargain. What i do also really like is the passive setting (passive tone too), which is perfectly matched with the active when flat, just add the active for taste - the sounds range from a nice clean modern to vintage warm 60's tones.

I've priced it at £500 due to the addition of the D-tuner but would be happy to remove this and sell at the original B/c price which i got it for of £450 which is ludicrously cheap for a bass of this high standard....definitely one of my favourite jazzes owned to date and will be sad to see this one go!

Hope @RhysP you don't mind me using the original add (sorry to sell this one, t'is the beauty you described!)

Original sale add here:

Collection Plymouth or happy to discuss courier options (around £20 ish in the UK). NO TRADES THANKS.

IMG_5600.thumb.JPG.c30a091e37a55c8c70ddd7e61ac03580.JPGIMG_5601.thumb.JPG.2272192ec9892a6a05c47a344a02c319.JPGIMG_5602.thumb.JPG.d77bb095003fed3bf4befbc04ba7ff9b.JPG

Edited by Raslee
  • Like 6

On 08/08/2023 at 11:42, BassBunny said:

Bargain, absolute bargain.

Cheers, keeping in the spirit of B/C and passing the gift!  If I put in on eBay I’d add a lot more for sure. This bass really is worth a lot more.

17 hours ago, Raslee said:

Cheers, keeping in the spirit of B/C and passing the gift!  If I put in on eBay I’d add a lot more for sure. This bass really is worth a lot more.

I’m really looking for a p but you are making me think as I know how good these are. 

• Like 1

I remember back in the 2000s when first tried these at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt. I was totally blown away by the quality and playability. especially when I compared these to the Fender American Vintage 75 jazz. Fenders were overpriced with crap setup and some QC faults, but Bacchus basses were impeccable.

This money is a steal for a high-end jazz. GLWTS

• Thanks 1

• Raslee changed the title to ON HOLD: Bacchus Craft STD-Jazz Bass 4, Aguilar Pre, (Made in Japan) - £500
  • Raslee changed the title to SOLD: Bacchus Craft STD-Jazz Bass 4, Aguilar Pre, (Made in Japan) - £500