Why become a member? ×

Selection of pedals & accessories - vgc (prices include P&P) - *SOLD*
£400
East London

Al Krow

1. Boss WL-20 wireless 2.4 Ghz - £99 now £90 inc. P&P (first class signed for)

Acquired from fellow BC'er who was the first owner. So I think 3 years old now.

[SOLD]

2. Zoom B1-4 - £59 now £55 inc. P&P (first class signed for)

I love these little buggers! Multifx, tuner, drum machine, headphone-amp, looper all in one. But even I can't really justify having three of them 😊

Happy to leave my patches on there if you want them - you can then download them and then restore the factory presets. Or I can do a factory reset if you prefer.

[SOLD]

3. Lekato WS-50 5.8 GHz - £45 inc. P&P (first class signed for)

Bought new in April as part of a foray into 5.8 GHz wireless. Consensus is that these seem to play better with passive rather than active basses.

[SOLD]

4. Tech 21 VTDI - £160 (agreed)  inc. P&P (insured guaranteed next day delivery)

Owned from new (2020) in very good condition. Tech21's best-selling Ampeg (& more) focussed pre-amp. More pics available if wanted.

[SOLD]

5. Thumpinator Mk1 (HPF) - £90 inc. P&P (first class signed for)

Owned from new in late 2018. Almost entirely home use since then.

[SOLD]

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 2

How’s the wireless. Been thinking about nabbing a set and not sure what to go for. Always better to see money going to a bc sale than Amazon. The mix ones are available locally but not had a chance to do any research on these v the boss. My two bass cables cost about the same as a wireless set up so reluctant to make the change but since going wireless in my iems it kinda makes sense!

Edited by krispn

5 hours ago, krispn said:

How’s the wireless. Been thinking about nabbing a set and not sure what to go for. Always better to see money going to a bc sale than Amazon. The mix ones are available locally but not had a chance to do any research on these v the boss. My two bass cables cost about the same as a wireless set up so reluctant to make the change but since going wireless in my iems it kinda makes sense!

Wireless bass can be really good and does definitely make sense if you've already gone for wireless IEMs. The flip side is that you may need to be a little more careful about choice of frequency band (the Boss WL-20s are 2.4GHz) with wireless IEMs, than if you're just using wireless bass, to minimise the risk of interference / drop-outs. There's a detailed thread in the Accessories & Misc forum which should give you a really good steer and plenty of wisdom/BC'ers experience to draw on there if you've any specific queries.

Edited by Al Krow

Edit Nux ones are available locally. 

I’ll have a look at the link. I’ve no real need to have wireless so I might just stick with the cables. They’re. Very pretty colour!

Edited by krispn

16 hours ago, krispn said:

Edit Nux ones are available locally. 

I’ll have a look at the link. I’ve no real need to have wireless so I might just stick with the cables. They’re. Very pretty colour!

The Nux are pretty decent - the 5.8GHz version are the ones I've got and am going to hold onto. They can give a shrill whine but that's largely eliminated IME if the treble is not being boosted and the dongle is positioned optimally. The Boss are very clean - but don't seem to like competing with our wireless IEMs in the 2.4 GHz space, otherwise I would have stuck with them.

Cables, well we know they work! 

• Thanks 1

• Al Krow changed the title to Boss WL-20 Wireless (£90 inc. P&P)
22 minutes ago, Jakester said:

Do you know if you can use multiple sets of the Boss together? I have one set, but it’d be good to have two to reduce stage tangle further. 

Hi mate, I think that should be completely fine: this is from the Boss WL-20/20L webpage:

"And with ultra-low latency of just 2.3 ms, you’ll always enjoy great playing feel with no lag whatsoever. Up to 14 BOSS wireless systems can be used simultaneously in one space, allowing multiple musicians to enjoy wireless freedom at the same time.*

*Environmental conditions may affect the actual number of simultaneous systems available."

• Like 1

Was asked to confirm if the Boss wireless could manage 4 hours at a stretch. I've personally only ever used them for 2 x 1 hour gigs, so thought I'd best check! 

I fully charged them earlier and left them plugged in / switched on today. They comfortably managed 7 hours with juice left in the tank, before I unplugged them. 

• Al Krow changed the title to Selection of pedals & accessories - vgc (prices include P&P)
  • Al Krow changed the title to Selection of pedals & accessories - vgc (prices include P&P) [SOLD]