Why become a member? ×

Sei bass

FunkyDude

Another terrible website...

I set the filter to 'stock' only to weed out the 'sold', and set the 'No. Of Strings' to 6 and 7. 

The return was 9 bass, 5 of which had 'sold' written above them... what's the point in setting a filter to weed out sold units if still over 50% of the returns are sold!

• Like 2

Are Sei basses still being made? I recall looking at a website some years ago but can't find one.

The bass design I have sketched up to build looks a lot like the Flamboyant, so I can assume that it was an inspiration, I just don't recall it being one consciously.

2 minutes ago, crazycloud said:

Are Sei basses still being made? I recall looking at a website some years ago but can't find one.

The bass design I have sketched up to build looks a lot like the Flamboyant, so I can assume that it was an inspiration, I just don't recall it being one consciously.

I think so. I remember walking into the workshop a few months ago and Martin was about to finish the Flamboyant on the worktop. Can always give them a call to confirm. However, Martin has stopped numbering the built so it's very hard to know exactly what year the bass was made. I only found out last week when I was checking out the used ones!

20 hours ago, FunkyDude said:

Can always give them a call to confirm.

Thanks for the offer, but please don't expend any effort. I'm not interested in buying one, as I can't afford one, I was just hoping there was a site where I could look at various builds and specs for inspiration. I reckon the Flamboyant Headless 6 is very sexy. 

• Like 1