Why become a member? ×

Squier 40th Anniversary Gold Edition Jazz *Price Drop* - *SOLD*
£325
Margate

jay-syncro

Now £295

Here we have one of the highly regarded Squier 40th anniversary gold edition jazz basses. This bass is the subject of multiple threads on here due it's general awesomeness! It feels like a premium instrument, looks fantastic and has a seriously punchy sound. It's  a massive upgrade over the standard Squier line and offers amazing value for money.

I didn't intend to sell this one but I currently have too many basses and needs must. You know how it is. 

Collection from Margate or I can box it up if postage is required. 

Note, I currently have a parchment pick guard on the bass but the original metal one (shown loosely fitted in the last pic) will be refitted prior to sale. 

20230719_213245.jpg

20230719_213300.jpg

20230719_213308.jpg

20230719_213321.jpg

20230719_213330.jpg

20230719_213338.jpg

20230719_213410.jpg

Edited by jay-syncro
  • Like 15

5 hours ago, flippyfloop said:

Lovely.

Sorry to be that guy but do you know the weight please?

She comes in at 8.8lbs. I've got a dodgy shoulder and I've gigged this in a pro function band numerous times without any issues. 

As a side note, the current flats it wears will be removed before sale and a set of rounds will be refitted. The flats have some sentimental value to me. It sounds great with either! 

Edited by jay-syncro
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jay-syncro said:

She comes in at 8.8lbs. I've got a dodgy shoulder and I've gigged this in a pro function band numerous times without any issues. 

As a side note, the current flats it wears will be removed before sale and a set of rounds will be refitted. The flats have some sentimental value to me. It sounds great with either! 

That's the perfect weight for me!

I feel a trip to Margate coming on.

• Like 1

I just got the 40th anniversary p bass, I have never been a fender (squire) guy but I tried an American P bass £1750 to see what the fuss was about. To my surprise I quite liked it, tried the Squire P (which I thought looked better) and to me it was as good, sounded the same, felt better.  I think these are great for the £, I was very surprised, made me rethink my whole bass hierarchy.  Anyone who buys this will be pleased GLWTS.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Supernaut said:

Squier 40th Anniversary P owner here. Once again, nothing but glowing remarks about these basses, absolutely love mine. Easily beats any MIA Fender I've played in recent memory. 

Squier certainly seem to have cracked it with these basses 👍

• jay-syncro changed the title to Squier 40th Anniversary Gold Edition Jazz *Price Drop*
  • jay-syncro changed the title to Squier 40th Anniversary Gold Edition Jazz *SOLD*