Why become a member? ×

Stingray Special 5HH Cruz Teal - *SOLD*
£2150
Northampton / London / Can ship / Drive

Ander87

Here again...!

£2000

Chatting with a BC friend I realised the dangerous 'I don't neeeed the money... but I don't neeeeed the bass'

Note: it has now been recently set up professionally with the frets levelled and crowned - plays as good on the last fret as the first with even action.

I barely play 5 strings as I do 99% of the job on my 4ers and I think I've achieved peace gear-wise and have enough to record, gig around etc, and want to move the money towards other things (regrettably I have all the expensive passions and a relatively new mortgage!), out of convenience - garden, house work, motorcycles, watches... we'll see.

As it's a discontinued bass, and genuinely nice and mint, no scratches or issues, original pickguard plus pearloid, all case and candy in perfect condition... I won't budge on the asking price - last time this sold in 15 minutes at higher price back in October...

... So get your ducks in before I regret it again and pull it out or anything.

much as this is my favourite bass ever, bills and life have made me downscale my gear. Perspective I guess.

Selling my unicorn (which I managed to find again) first edition of the Musicman Stingray Special 5HH in Cruz Teal.

The bass was bought BRAND NEW and imported from USA in March this year - call it NOS or what you will but the bass is perfectly impeccable. It took me several laps around the world to find it and bring it home (and pay duties on!).

Notes:

- Colour is discontinued.

- This series is on Swamp Ash body - newer ones (the £3.2k+ of today are 'select hardwood' - unspecific). Board is ebony, neck on roasted maple.

- This bass does NOT have the cutout for controls on the back unlike the new ones (less plastic covers... more wood?)

- Bass is 4.2kg, I'm picky for weight and can pull off 4hr rehearsals with it comfortably. Offered with absolutely all case and candy.

- Pearloid pickguard, flat AND round Daddario Chromes / NYXL included, same as dunlop strap locks

- More than mint condition, not gigged, perfectly adjusted and cleaned with Music Nomad suite.

- Serial: August 21st, 2019.

Neck is the most comfortable I've had on a 5er, and the 5 position switch blade is delicious - I used to think I did not need HH config but I have been using the single configuration on cleans quite a bit, lots of twang or growl too if you engage both humbuckers! P and J tones are also super easy to achieve with this 18V preamp. Of course dead silent.

I've something arranged and bills so I need the money - no trades and can hear offers - I reserve the right to withdraw or sell it to what I consider to be a good home. 

Thank you for drooling my post.

image.thumb.png.6039caf43c6c2e8056019e39f2187056.png

image.thumb.png.19ca4f8753b8d582c97524ada8753e76.png

image.thumb.png.5b30b8cd64fd82565c53522c1b7277ec.png

image.thumb.png.ba2aacb7912c1451a804b7f95a71d692.png

I’d need a box but I can ship, at buyer's cost and risk, but can otherwise meet for sale no more than an hour from Northampton, with an odd chance to go down near London.

Best,

Ander.

Edited by Ander87
  • Like 13

• Ander87 changed the title to Stingray Special 5HH Cruz Teal
  • Ander87 changed the title to SOLD Stingray Special 5HH Cruz Teal