Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky M5-24 Modern – Japanese Metroline - *SOLD*
£1750
Aberdeen

Acebassmusic

For sale (or trade) is my Sadowsky M5-24 Modern 5 string and lightweight “hard” case. This is one of the Japanese Metroline made basses and not Warwick or NYC. I had it up for sale a couple of years ago but withdrew it when I came to my senses...lol 🤣. Lovely bass and I have enjoyed our time together but I’m looking for a change in the gear I have. The following text is taken from the original advert along with my replies to a number of questions. I've also included a couple of videos ( @SzunaP ) as they give a great idea of the versatile sound of the bass as well as the playing being much better than I could muster.

I would give it a 9.5 / 10 for condition with only a couple of small marks that I can see and have added pics. Current Warwick Metroline M5-24 are costing around £3,200. Warwick Sadowsky MetroLine Modern 5-24

Make & Model: Sadowsky M5-24 Modern (Japanese Metroline)

Made: Approx. 2009

Serial Number: M3170

Body & Top: Swamp ash body with a 59’ sunburst gloss polyurethane lacquer on body

Neck: Bolt on, maple, gloss polyester lacquer on neck, graphite rods

Scale Length: 34 inch

Fingerboard: Maple. 24 frets – 2 octave. Side and front dot markers

String Spacing: 19mm

Hardware: Machine heads and bridge in chrome. Strap locks fitted

Truss Rod: Dual action – fully functional

Pick Ups: 2 Sadowsky soap-bar pickups (I have checked but can't confirm who manufactures them eg: Nordstrand / Di Marzio / Basslines / EMG as this was a crossover time with suppliers)

Controls: Sadowsky with VTC – 9 volt active pre-amp. Volume, blend, treble, bass, VTC (variable tone control) with push / pull for active / passive

Strings: Fitted with D'Addario, Chrome Flatwound ECB81-5          

Case: Lightweight foam “hard” case

Weight: 8.8lbs / 4kg

Shipping Weight: Approx. 10kg / 22lb. Shipping will be at cost. Message me with your postcode and I will get a price.

I would prefer a straight sale but I could be interested in trades with a Zon, Overwater, Bogart, Modulus, JCR, Sei etc., 5 string with active electronics, 24 frets, 18 / 19 mm spacing. Try me, you never know! I’ve got good feedback on here, see the link in my signature. Any questions, ask away. 🙂

Edited by Acebassmusic
Edit text
  • Like 9

52 minutes ago, ziggydolphinboy said:

ill message you , do these work in a rock covers situation ?

I know silly question but are they more funk than rock , 

although james newstead and guy from alter bridge use sadowskys.

kindest regards

Your question is good, I think it's more a personal preference and taste than a question of genre or style.  

If I have to record a bass line for a track, I used to make it with a JB and this Modern as well,  and the customer/engineer/producer decide which sound would be preferred. Sometimes I choose one of them directly when I'm sure which one will be suit for the actual song (last time f.e. used the JB for a RHCP style song)

Tom Hamilton is another big name for these basses:

https://reverb.com/item/65442283-sadowsky-tom-hamilton-s-aerosmith-metro-5-string-bass-brown-sunburst

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ziggydolphinboy said:

ill message you , do these work in a rock covers situation ?

I know silly question but are they more funk than rock , 

although james newstead and guy from alter bridge use sadowskys.

kindest regards

These Moderns are very versatile and are good for funky stuff. I also use it for blues gigs and I have been using it in my rock covers band......see exhibits A, B & C below. ("Killing In The Name Of" isnt very family or work safe so BE CAREFUL!!)  Not the best sound quality but it gives an idea of the sound fitting in with the band and genre

My wife took the first video on her phone and I dont think it came out too bad. Not sure what happened at 4:12......maybe she was drunk and fell over...lol🤣

Edited by Acebassmusic

• Acebassmusic changed the title to Sadowsky M5-24 Modern – Japanese Metroline **SOLD**