Why become a member? ×

nice early Streamer ...

The stain on the back above the battery box is because the battery box lid is missing and somebody's used sticky tape to hold the battery in. I did manage to find a replacement battery box cover for a Thumb 5 which would be just the same - I may have mentioned it on here. The stains on the front - the darkening above the pickup is maybe from an arm or a jacket sleeve, don't know about the ones around the controls that look like liquid has run down it.

7 minutes ago, tauzero said:

The stain on the back above the battery box is because the battery box lid is missing and somebody's used sticky tape to hold the battery in. I did manage to find a replacement battery box cover for a Thumb 5 which would be just the same - I may have mentioned it on here. The stains on the front - the darkening above the pickup is maybe from an arm or a jacket sleeve, don't know about the ones around the controls that look like liquid has run down it.

It was the stains around the controls which look like someone has splashed something.  Not a problem if you don't care but if I was paying £1350 I'd want it to be a bit tidier.  

1 hour ago, warwickhunt said:

It was the stains around the controls which look like someone has splashed something.  Not a problem if you don't care but if I was paying £1350 I'd want it to be a bit tidier.  

Agreed - shame really, I do like these and regret parting with mine🙄☹️

On 11/07/2023 at 13:34, mowf said:

It bugs me when someone's trying to sell something and they say, "this bit's broken but it's really cheap and easy to fix!"... why didn't you do it yourself then?

Because doing it easily (ordering the battery box from Warwick) will cost £30 which isn't really cheap. I'm sure I found the identical box for under a tenner though.