Why become a member? ×

Lover-ly G&L L2500 - USA (5 string)

thegreenman555

Up for sale is my genuine USA 5 string L2500, complete with original hard case.

Sports the standard G&L package & is in excellent condition. It's never been gigged & is in excellent condition. I hate to part with it, but the Taxman cometh :) (17/6: he's still stalking!!)

Color: Natural
Neck: Maple with Rosewood Fretboard
Pickups: 2 G&L MFD Humbuckers
Controls: G&L Tri-Tone active/passive electronics,
Volume, Treble and Bass Boost, Cut Controls.
Bridge: G&L Designed Saddle-Lock Bridge

An amazing bass with a fantastic array of sounds. Check out the review at Harmony Central if you dont know this bass. [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/G&L/L2500+5-String/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...0+5-String/10/1[/url]

Yours for £750.

Try it - you wont be disappointed!

pm me here or text/call me on 07753 821525

Cheers.

Edited by thegreenman555

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='gareth' post='492729' date='May 19 2009, 09:38 PM']Lovely bass but for some reason G&L's are not that popular here in the UK

Why? I don't know.

I have a few and with the passive bypass many are great basses.

This is why your bass has'nt sold - I beg to suggest[/quote]

To my mind, people have a real problem, that is... living with fender and musicman and thats it ! G&L surpass both, sure you can have a pop at the eye gouger headstock, but these are well engineered basses with years of heritage attached to them, any bass and especially the hi end boutique bass have ugly bits, wals arnt that beautiful, except in the eye of the beholder for instance, but these are still leo and georges best kept secret.

rant over.

[quote name='gareth' post='492729' date='May 19 2009, 09:38 PM']Lovely bass but for some reason G&L's are not that popular here in the UK

Why? I don't know.[/quote]
1. Think the distribution in the UK never worked. When I called shops about Tributes a year or two ago, they said they had trouble getting hold of them.

2. A lot of the USA stuff is made to order. Means you great a custom bass but also means you don't see many hanging on the wall of guitar shops.

3. £500+ for a Tribute is a lot for the casual buyer. But you do get a hell of a lot of bass for the cash.

If they could sort the distribution of the Tributes out in the UK, they'd sell on their own merits me thinks.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='492982' date='May 20 2009, 09:24 AM']1. Think the distribution in the UK never worked. When I called shops about Tributes a year or two ago, they said they had trouble getting hold of them.

2. A lot of the USA stuff is made to order. Means you great a custom bass but also means you don't see many hanging on the wall of guitar shops.

3. £500+ for a Tribute is a lot for the casual buyer. But you do get a hell of a lot of bass for the cash.

If they could sort the distribution of the Tributes out in the UK, they'd sell on their own merits me thinks.[/quote]

That is alot of bass for the money. These strung with medium gauge dr make fantastic slap machines. Also to me they look nicer than MM and have more control over the sound. Really good bass great price, good luck.

[quote name='nig' post='492972' date='May 20 2009, 09:11 AM']To my mind, people have a real problem, that is... living with fender and musicman and thats it ! G&L surpass both, sure you can have a pop at the eye gouger headstock, but these are well engineered basses with years of heritage attached to them, any bass and especially the hi end boutique bass have ugly bits, wals arnt that beautiful, except in the eye of the beholder for instance, but these are still leo and georges best kept secret.

rant over.[/quote]

well ranted!

and bump for a great bass

thanks for the comments & bumps people - it's a stunning piece of musical equipment, exceptionally well engineered, beautifully put together, lovely woods, & those double MMstyle pickups put the MM to shame. It's got so much flexibility in terms of style, tone & gives you tons of options. active/passive, variations of pick up selection. I tell you i really dont want to have to part with it.. but..

Edited by thegreenman555

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='492982' date='May 20 2009, 09:24 AM']1. Think the distribution in the UK never worked. When I called shops about Tributes a year or two ago, they said they had trouble getting hold of them.

If they could sort the distribution of the Tributes out in the UK, they'd sell on their own merits me thinks.[/quote]

They have started appearing regularly in shops within the EU it seems to Europe is getting them.
Look online and you can see Tributes appearing more and more...only a matter of time?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...