Why become a member? ×

When You don't need that full cab sound, You use...

nilorius

1 minute ago, Steve Browning said:

Can't say I have a preference. I have 2 on stands and 1 on a wall hanger (and rotate them with my others) and just pick one of those up. They're all Precisions, of course.

Why not try the dual - 1 J and 1 P ???

Eden WTX-264 head with Sennheiser headphones and a Boss JS10 plugged into the aux in to provide looping, speed control and a mic channel for practising lead and backing vox.

On stage, Eden WTP600 head with Eden 210 and 118 cabs. A stand-alone IEM rig based on a Shure wireless system protects my hearing.

I need cabs for most of the gigs I do. Not in the PA , so my amp is the room sound. 
Home I always plug into an amp , I have several little practice rigs. But when it’s time to work on material I usually go into headphones through a little Hotone Thunderbass.

A couple of flavours of SansAmp, which are plugged into a mixer with a DBX compressor on the inserts, out to Beyer DT770 headphones. The mixer has a channel for my PC, an aux jack for my laptop and Bluetooth for my phone, so I can easily play along to most audio sources without having to set anything up - it's always ready.

I have a HX Stomp on another mixer channel as well, but I haven't managed to make it do anything for bass that I prefer to the sound of my SansAmps just yet. It's fine for the rare occasions when I play guitar and just want a very rough approximation of my old 6505 for half an hour until my fingers hurt.