Why become a member? ×

What would You call "Your doping" for bass playing?

nilorius

11 minutes ago, toneknob said:

I'm a long-time fan of the red Tunnocks Caramel Wafer, and latterly the blue. Another delicacy I came across while in Scotland was the Tunnocks Sundae, described thus

image.thumb.png.ab57ff0ce97a49ce8f47e3ff499d050c.png

What else do You need, this is it!

And if you're curious about the numbers:

Key:
(V)=Vegetarian, (GF)=Gluten Free, (GFO)=Gluten Free Option (VGN)=Vegan
(1) Cereals Containing Gluten (2) Celery (3) Eggs (4) Fish and Shellfish
(5) Milk (6) Mustard (7) Peanuts (8) Other Nuts (9) Sesame Seeds (10)
Soya (11) Lupin and Flour

(it's from the Lorne Bar in Oban, see https://thelornebaroban.co.uk/menu/ - main course was this "King scallops served with a bed of homemade Pancetta and Stornoway black pudding risotto". It's a wonder I got out alive)

On 04/07/2023 at 22:25, LowB_FTW said:

A nice cup of tea.

If I'm feeling particularly good that day I may have a biscuit or two for dunking as well.

Mark

This. Not too much milk. I’m usually singing (at least BVs) and a warm drink helps to relax my throat and vocal cords. I almost never drink alcohol on a gig as it kills my concentration, plus I’m usually driving. Drugs? I shared a very weak spliff with a load of my Mum’s friends in 1978, that’s the full extent of my dabbling.

2 minutes ago, toneknob said:

And if you're curious about the numbers:

Key:
(V)=Vegetarian, (GF)=Gluten Free, (GFO)=Gluten Free Option (VGN)=Vegan
(1) Cereals Containing Gluten (2) Celery (3) Eggs (4) Fish and Shellfish
(5) Milk (6) Mustard (7) Peanuts (8) Other Nuts (9) Sesame Seeds (10)
Soya (11) Lupin and Flour

(it's from the Lorne Bar in Oban, see https://thelornebaroban.co.uk/menu/ - main course was this "King scallops served with a bed of homemade Pancetta and Stornoway black pudding risotto". It's a wonder I got out alive)

Maybe You got a "Pilgrim" destiny ?!

5 hours ago, toneknob said:

I've only seen them north of the border, and not massively widespread even so. These I picked up from a tourist shop in a village called Luss on the bonnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond, while en route from Glasgow to Oban. (And also back again for a top-up)

Ahhh, Scotland, home of deep-fried Mars Bars, heart attack and stroke. I have a tear tricking into my malt as I type. 😃

2 minutes ago, snorkie635 said:

Ahhh, Scotland, home of deep-fried Mars Bars, heart attack and stroke. I have a tear tricking into my malt as I type. 😃

Tear tricking.....definitely - too much scotish wisky. Bad to the bone. Poor snorkie ! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Hope you're dunking a fried Mars bar in it... You've got to try the native quisine y'know

Been out dragging the local lochs for aqua-haggis this morning and hanging off lengths of chain attached to sea cliffs. Cuisine? I'm going home for a rest. 😁

IMG_2307.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snorkie635 said:

Been out dragging the local lochs for aqua-haggis this morning and hanging off lengths of chain attached to sea cliffs. Cuisine? I'm going home for a rest. 😁

IMG_2307.jpeg

Blimey Snorks, they've stuck a big chain round your ankle.. Did you pick up an ASBO or something..? 

7 minutes ago, snorkie635 said:

IMG_2307.jpeg

Sorry guys, can't reply - don't have a clue what You'r talking about. Bad to the English. War never changes!

2 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I suppose googly-translate doesn't speak bollocks, like we do... 😁

Google translate is kind of a future start of a AI. I don't trust it. A good cognac is far more better! 😆

• Like 1

6 hours ago, toneknob said:

image.thumb.png.74109031fec19f8c10cfa91946edf2f5.png

Oh aye, now you’re talking!

The milk chocolate ones are one of my favourite things on this earth but I’ve still yet to find a store in south west France that sells the dark ones. Someone told me there’s an Aldi equivalent but I’ve not seen those yet either. 

I now have GAS for Tunnocks 😂

• Haha 1