Why become a member? ×

Black Nylon Flats - *SOLD*
£25

Taken from a 'new' (to me) bass. I won't be using them but appreciate that they're an expensive buy when new (c. £45 - 80 depending on make/brand). I had thought they might be Roto Tru Bass (?) but the gauges seem lighter at c. 50/65/85/105 (similar to D'addario version). If anyone recognises them, let me know or add to the thread. The lengths are: E (100); A (105); D (105); G (104) 2 + 2 headstock (32" scale). Includes postage :-

IMG_20230628_123522.jpg

Edited by eubassix
sold
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, alyctes said:

Can't be sure, but Fender make (made?) nylon flats with a mustard-yellow silk.  These certainly look like them.

Thanks - could well be.

NOTE: just amended the post details as they're from a 32" bass (not a 34"), but the c. string lengths are correct.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just trying to weigh up if they’ll fit my 32.5 scale Aria bass David. I like to get at least a couple of winds around the tuning post, 100 might not quite manage that, not sure.

• Like 1

I also measure them in inches - might depend upon the distance from the saddles to the bridge 'insert/s' (It's only c. 1-1.5" on a standard Fender BBoT bridge), but the E is c. 39.5" and the others 41-41.5" .... so -1.5" (bridge .... possibly) should give you about 5.5" - 7/7.5" above the nut (?) ... but headstock design/length might also be(come) a factor.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I commented a month ago. But every evening this thread pops up in my feed say activity several hours ago. It just won't die!

I'm commenting again to see if this corrects what must be a system glitch.

I think it's the way the system 'works', in that the last comment(er) remains ad infinitum (generally when a thread is 'bumped'). So I'm adding this to hopefully take up the mantle.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • eubassix changed the title to sold: Black Nylon Flats