Why become a member? ×

Relating to your drummer

Mickeyboro

30 minutes ago, leschirons said:

Who's idea was it?

In my experience, whenever someone says "maybe you and I can get together and work on that a bit"  it usually means that one person, isn't happy with what one other person is doing. 

You'll either end up addressing, but not necessarily sorting the problem, (possibly risky) or spend three hours delicately sidestepping it. Good luck though, in principle, a good idea.

Exactly, that is why i don't like drummers - dziu dzitsu champions.

On 01/07/2023 at 20:25, nilorius said:

At my current band, the drummer, at our first rehearsal, told everyone, that he plays each song everytime a bit different (rhytmical).  

Yes, I have also met drummers who make mistakes and can't remember the song  . . .  😛  

On 03/07/2023 at 15:16, Waddo Soqable said:

Which reminds me.. We haven't heard from old @snorkie635 recently...

Hope he hasn't put the batteries in the wrong way round, and electrocuted himself.. the muppet.. 

still alive. On hols and touring up in Scotland right now. Rarely get to log-in to here, but delighted that someone missed me. 😎

• Like 1

Same drummer in both my bands. I know and feel his presence but never have to really give it much more thought than that. I don't consciously need to listen to everything he does but if unplanned things happen i am able to follow.

I think i might be one of those bass players that knows my bass part well enough i just play and hope everyone else is following :laugh1:

Dave

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nilorius said:

Ohh. We were scared. Welcome back ! 🤩

Ta very much. Heading off on travels again. Should be back soon. Make sure Waddo's nappy has been changed and that he's been burped. He likes the bedtime story about unicorns and bears; if you could read this to him until he drops of to Nod, I'd be grateful.

• Haha 2

Outside of a bass and drum jam, no I've not had a specific session to get to know each other playing wise. 

I've found you either gel or you don't, I seem to get on better with drummers who are feel first before technique, I've only ever played with one drummer I couldn't get on with and that was more a "all the gear, no idea" situation. He had a nice shiny kit but couldn't keep time consistently..

I've played with some drummers that can really motivate me and i can follow their fills etc but its been rare to find that link.

Nowadays i just want a drummer to be steady and solid but can play whatever we decide to play.

Dave

6 hours ago, snorkie635 said:

Ta very much. Heading off on travels again. Should be back soon. Make sure Waddo's nappy has been changed and that he's been burped. He likes the bedtime story about unicorns and bears; if you could read this to him until he drops of to Nod, I'd be grateful.

Too late I've shlt meself, again.... 

Glad you're not deceased there snorkster,  naturally I was going to reanimate your old carcass anyway, but some of those voodoo ingredients are a right faff to get hold of these days.. 

Enjoy your ongoing travels and try not to run any sheep over (or scotch people of course) 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Too late I've shlt meself, again.... 

Glad you're not deceased there snorkster,  naturally I was going to reanimate your old carcass anyway, but some of those voodoo ingredients are a right faff to get hold of these days.. 

Enjoy your ongoing travels and try not to run any sheep over (or scotch people of course) 

War....war never changes.