Why become a member? ×

€400 EUR: JP Basses Zia Hollowbody Piezo 5 fretless, 33 inches scale, 3.340 kilos, unique model made only once! - *SOLD*
£1200
Etalle, South Belgium

Hellzero

€400 EUR: JP Basses Zia Hollowbody Piezo 5 fretless, 33 inches scale, 3.340 kilos, unique model made only once!

The bass, which was originally fretted has been defretted upon my request by Jean-Philippe Ferreira himself (see photos in the Google Drive link).

For sale, because I really can't cope with the flat (or infinite) radius and classical guitar type neck, which give me cramps in the left thumb, sorry Jean-Philippe, but I tried and tried as I love the tone...

NO TRADES!

NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden : €400 Euros (£350 GBP is an approximation and I will only accept payment in Euros) !!!

Shipping to United Kingdom is, of course, possible, but with an extra customs fee (VAT + other taxes + courier fee), because U.K. is now outside EEC.

In perfect working condition and, except some obvious marks and dings, in very good condition for its age (it will be 19 years old in September and has been played a lot).

Here are the specifications :

Body: cedar core

Top and back: wenge

Neck: wenge

Fingerboard: wenge

Positions: 24 (flamed ash lined fretless)

Headstock: 2 + 3

Pickups: RMC piezos only (with a long ramp on the body)

Preamp: John East Custom made for JP Basses

Controls: Volume (bright on push-pull), bass, treble (Neutrik locking jack)

Tuners: Hipshot UltraLite 3/8 USA (special made in chrome finish for JP Basses)

Bridge: Hipshot Type A (no idea if it's brass or aluminium)

Strings spacing at bridge: 19mm

Nut: bone (unglued like classical guitars)

Strings spacing at nut: 9mm

Knobs: wenge

Scale: 33 inches

Hardware colour: chrome with Dual Design Dunlop strap buttons

Truss rod: one, 100% functional

Finish: natural (nitro cellulosic)

Country of origin: France

Serial number: 11092004

Year: 11th of September 2004

Weight: 3.340 kg and absolutely no neck diving

Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th position (can even go lower, but was perfect for me as it's a 33 inches scale bass)

Will be delivered in a used Ritter gig bag (see photos).

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has received a new battery and has been fully set up professionally by Jean-Philippe Ferreira himself, which means it's perfect.

It is fitted with a broken in set of D'Addario Chrome ECB81-5 stainless steel flat wound strings (45 - 65 - 80 - 100 - 132), which really serve this bass.

The tone is simply excellent with loads of bass thanks to the RMC piezos (really the best on the market) and doesn't sound harsh at all, a very versatile bass in fact, where the dynamics is controlled by your plucking hand, and according to JP Basses owner, Jean-philippe Ferreira, the best bass he ever crafted.

Upon request, I can put a set of Thomastik JF in E to C tuning instead of the D'Addario Chrome, but the action will be a bit higher due to the lower tension of these strings.

What you see is what you get !

Look carefully at the photos taken from different angles and lights to see the real condition, which is very good for its age with some obvious marks and dings.

Here is the link to all the photos with defretting and how it was looking when fretted and now with two videos recorded unplugged and plugged: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Yic9JwaQbg3YIfBvMX2eHeqdIyVIprcu?usp=drive_link

Due to severe back problems (67% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 4 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using as well as some stuff I don't use. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

I need the money quick!

Edited by Hellzero
Sold
  • Like 9

• Hellzero changed the title to €1400 EUR: JP Basses Zia Hollowbody Piezo 5 fretless, 33 inches scale, 3.340 kilos, unique model made only once!
3 hours ago, diddywah said:

Wow! That's really nice, but I really can't at the moment....sorry, glwts 

I'm not in a hurry at all, as in fact, I'm torn between my Leduc U-Basse 4 fretless and this JP Basses Zia Hollowbody Piezo 5 fretless.

I prefer the overall tone of the Zia, but I have this cramp problem in the left thumb after playing over a not that long period, say one to one and a half hour...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, diddywah said:

Is the top flat, or is there a forearm contour? Difficult to see from these pictures...

It's a slab body, so no forearm contour and no belly cut.

• Like 1

Wow...

Looks fantastic...I suspect that someone will be suffering Seller's Remorse when this goes. 

No chance of having the body remodelled? Just softening the contours could take off several ounces/ grammes.

Very reminiscent of some of the ACG designs but that's no bad thing. 

GLWTS 

Edited by TheGreek

18 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

No chance of having the body remodelled? Just softening the contours could take off several ounces/ grammes.

It's a chambered body and the whole bass only weights 3.340 kilos...

19 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Very reminiscent of some of the ACG designs but that's no bad thing.

Urm, urm, it's just the opposite Mick. 😉

• Like 1

• Hellzero changed the title to €400 EUR: JP Basses Zia Hollowbody Piezo 5 fretless, 33 inches scale, 3.340 kilos, unique model made only once!
  • Hellzero changed the title to !SOLD! €400 EUR: JP Basses Zia Hollowbody Piezo 5 fretless, 33 inches scale, 3.340 kilos, unique model made only once!