Why become a member? ×

Quality Set ups in the Aberdeen/Tayside

boabskiboab

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='478523' date='May 3 2009, 08:54 PM']Whatever you do stay away fae RnB unless you actually like paying through the nose to have your bass chewed up.
I'll extend the same invitation as Neepheid. Of course only one of us can do a "quailty" set up. :)[/quote]

Quail-ty? That must be me - you're a veggie :rolleyes:

[quote name='neepheid' post='478775' date='May 4 2009, 08:33 AM']Quail-ty? That must be me - you're a veggie :rolleyes:[/quote]:) Touché.
Actually I hurriedly typed that up on my phone literally 30 secs before going on stage last night - I'm surprised my T9 let that one through like. :lol:

I know never to buy from RnB as they are a bunch of tubes who charge rediculous prices. But didn't know if their tech was any good.

I have put the bass into rainbow music in dundee, I heard a lot of good things about their tech. I think my frets are needing at best levelled.

Cheers for the offers lads, it can't be true what they say about aberdonians.

I'll let everyone know how the bass is when i get it back.

Ah well if you wanted a fret dressing I couldn't of done that anyway.

RnB? A few years back I put a new heavier set of strings on this cheapy bass I had for use at a gig later that night but just couldn't get the intonation and truss rod setting perfect afterwards. I had tonnes of organising to do that day for the gig so for convenience sake I bunged the bass into RnB for a quick set up. Collected it later just proir to heading off to the gig and there were bite marks all up and down the sides of the neck (presumably from some sort of vice ???) there were scratches on the body and the intonation was worse than when I put it into them. I ended up having to reset it at the side of the stage while the support were on.
They used to be ok but since they moved to The Green it's just a joke of a place.