Why become a member? ×

Geezer Butler on Loose Ends (Radio 4)

StingRayBoy42

You know you are getting old when Geezer Butler is on Radio 4 on a Saturday tea time.

I bought the book last night and have had a quick dip into it. So far it's living up to my best expectations. 👍 

And yes, a truly iconic bass guitarist. Made up the rules for an entire genre. Who could be cooler than Geezer Butler? One of the all-time greats.

• Like 1

My dad used to do electrical work for Geezer, one day they were putting up garden lights and him and his Mrs were having a right barney outside about him buying another car ,a Ferrari maybe but my dad knows nothing about cars but something along those lines. He went off in a mood and she came out later with the tea and biscuits, she apologised about the language and ruckus and explained that she wasn't bothered about him buying another car, it's his money but he kept buying them then he'd get bored and leave them all over the place, look there's a Maserati in there, and a Porsche over there and so on, she was only bothered because he was littering the place with exotic cars. Nice bloke though apparently.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

My dad used to do electrical work for Geezer, one day they were putting up garden lights and him and his Mrs were having a right barney outside about him buying another car ,a Ferrari maybe but my dad knows nothing about cars but something along those lines. He went off in a mood and she came out later with the tea and biscuits, she apologised about the language and ruckus and explained that she wasn't bothered about him buying another car, it's his money but he kept buying them then he'd get bored and leave them all over the place, look there's a Maserati in there, and a Porsche over there and so on, she was only bothered because he was littering the place with exotic cars. Nice bloke though apparently.

He should have offered to do her a favour and take a couple off her hands for free, since Geezer would have been unlikely to have noticed.

16 hours ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

I met Black Sabbath briefly when I was about 12 years old at what must have been the height of their wild days. It's an awfully long time ago but I distinctly remember them all being very deeply suntanned and looking quite leathery.