Why become a member? ×

NBD: Jazz Junior.

grayn

I have owned quite a few Jazz basses over the years but have moved over to short scale basses, in the last couple of years.  I remember seeing these Japanese made, Junior Collection Jazz Basses and wanting one but I never saw one close enough to go and check it out.  Then I saw one in a relatively local store, so went to play it this morning.
This short scale Jazzer looks really nice, with it's vintage white (or cream to ordinary folk) body and tort scratchplate.  There is nothing flash here and the body has a satin finish.  But that all works rather well and happily, when you play it, it is a very nice experience too.  It a very comfortable bass, with a good balance.  The pickups are decent and sound as you'd expect.  They are not the best JB pickups I have heard but they are clear and pretty full, for single-coils.  I managed to get all the tones I wanted, with some amp eq-ing and pickup volume balance adjustment.  The tone control is very useful too and really helps shaping your desired sound.
Overall then, a very well made bass, with no frills, loads of playability and some very useful tones.  All for not a lot of cash and made in Japan.  Very happy with this.
A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

D.jpg

• Like 18

1 hour ago, grenadillabama said:

Yes, it looks fine. Is it about the same size as a Mustang Bass ?

Scale wise yes but otherwise, the body is larger and it looks a lot less toy like than a Mustang.

I often think if they just scaled down the size of the headstock, the Mustang would look so much better.