Why become a member? ×

Wireless system - any 100% reliable long term reports?

On 31/05/2023 at 08:53, BigRedX said:

As has already been said the 2.4GHz systems are definitely to be avoided now as they are competing with far too many other devices for bandwidth (every audience member's mobile phone for starters). Right now 5GHz systems appear to be better but expect them to get less reliable as more devices start using this frequency. 

So don't throw away the 2.4GHz ones, eventually they'll be the ones using the unused frequencies.

I didn't adequately test the power supply on my pedalboard prior to the first gig in a long time and the first use of the pedalboard, so the Line 6 G50 didn't work at all. I will say that the Lekato cheapie 5GHz ones I've been using in rehearsals have been fine, although we're talking months and not years of use.

7 hours ago, tauzero said:

So don't throw away the 2.4GHz ones, eventually they'll be the ones using the unused frequencies.

I didn't adequately test the power supply on my pedalboard prior to the first gig in a long time and the first use of the pedalboard, so the Line 6 G50 didn't work at all. I will say that the Lekato cheapie 5GHz ones I've been using in rehearsals have been fine, although we're talking months and not years of use.

I was gutted. I bought the Lekatos hoping they’d last a few months. Lasted me a few weeks. Started getting drop outs and pops every now and again. Battery was charged, sometimes I wasn’t moving and very minimal wireless signals in the area. Lekato support were sadly quite useless. The sennheiser and shure have been absolutely fine in the same rooms.

10 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

I have been using the Lekatos for several years and I have had no problems with them. I would assume there was no support on that budget level, seems you were unlucky there.

They asked for videos and recordings at least. But yeah, didn’t expect superb stuff; but hoped Amazon would have replaced but they just punted me to the manufacturer. 

I've gigged with wireless systems for about 20 years and only had 3-5 issues. That's probably less reliable than a cable, but not by much. The pros outweigh the cons for sure.

14 minutes ago, Jack said:

I've gigged with wireless systems for about 20 years and only had 3-5 issues. That's probably less reliable than a cable, but not by much. The pros outweigh the cons for sure.

It occured to me that in the time I have been using wireless, 5 years or so I have had one gig where I had a few dropouts. But in the same time we have had to stop the gig about 5 times because the guitarist insisted on using those Fender leads, and once had to do a quick swap because the singers XLR died.

So yes, although I have always had a cable next to me in case i had to quickly swap out, if 100% reliable is the cable standard, my wireless has been about 103% reliable!