Why become a member? ×

NBD! Fender Custom Shop '64 Jazz

BassAgent

I've had over 50 basses in my life, from Dingwall to Mustang and I keep coming back to Jazz Basses. So, after selling my upright and my Dingwall, why not get another one? I found this beautiful Custom Shop '64 Limited Edition Jazz in Germany. The seller was in NL yesterday so that was a perfect opportunity to pick it up. Lovely rosewood fretboard, Abigail Ybarra pickups, shoreline gold finish. Very happy with Jazz number seven in my collection.
9iWlmEL.jpg

t4x1jJA.jpg

CdPpIol.jpg

NO6fl05.jpg

3N3hw7d.jpg

xBqk35O.jpg

• Like 24

That looks absolutely spot on 🧡 You must be very happy with it, I certainly would be!l, it’s a beauty!

Hope I don’t derail the thread but I have a question for you regarding the chrome covers, specifically does the bridge ashtray cover require special screws to fix it in place? I can buy the Fender bridge cover online but it’s not supplied with mounting screws. Not sure what to use. I’m guessing pickguard screws wont hold it down? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 🙏

Congrats again on such a fine looking Jazz 👍

1 hour ago, meterman said:

That looks absolutely spot on 🧡 You must be very happy with it, I certainly would be!l, it’s a beauty!

Hope I don’t derail the thread but I have a question for you regarding the chrome covers, specifically does the bridge ashtray cover require special screws to fix it in place? I can buy the Fender bridge cover online but it’s not supplied with mounting screws. Not sure what to use. I’m guessing pickguard screws wont hold it down? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 🙏

Congrats again on such a fine looking Jazz 👍

I got this bass with the bridge cover screwed on and the original screws seem a teeny weeny bit longer than pickguard screws. I do use pickguard screws on my '71 Precision, though, and they work just fine.

26 minutes ago, TrevorG said:

Congratulations. It looks amazing, even to an uneducated eye like mike. I'm also jealous of the Acoustic amp. What are they like?

Well, it sounds very Acoustic-like. They have this very typical solid state growl to them, very middy. They immediately give you that Jaco feel with a fretless, or that JPJ growl with a fretted Jazz. I really like it, although I'm planning on selling it as it is very heavy.

30 minutes ago, Lw. said:

Nice - I know people baulk at the new prices but the Fender Custom Shop really do kick out some great basses, they're just so enjoyable to play (and look at).

Lucky for me this is a bass from 2011 :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, BassAgent said:

Well, it sounds very Acoustic-like. They have this very typical solid state growl to them, very middy. They immediately give you that Jaco feel with a fretless, or that JPJ growl with a fretted Jazz. I really like it, although I'm planning on selling it as it is very heavy.

That leaves me even more jealous. But I'll pass on then weight and stick to Markbass. 

• Like 1