Why become a member? ×

Are there any clones of the Tech21 Paradriver?

fretmeister

I don't know of any clones (though I'm sure they exist) but if you bought a used one and then sold it later you might come out having only lost postage costs. I know that still requires a higher initial investment, but it's an option. if you're anywhere near Newcastle you're welcome to try mine, similar BCers might make you other offers if for some crazy reason you don't live in Northumberland.

Edited by Jack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack said:

I don't know of any clones (though I'm sure they exist) but if you bought a used one and then sold it later you might come out having only lost postage costs. I know that still requires a higher initial investment, but it's an option. if you're anywhere near Newcastle you're welcome to try mine, similar BCers might make you other offers if for some crazy reason you don't live in Northumberland.

That's a kind offer but my passport has expired and I'm not convinced I can get that far north without one!

The Para Driver DI was designed to be a multi instrument DI/preamp that can be used with electric and acoustic instruments, keys, drums, vox etc. It has a higher input impedance that can work well with piezo pickups. The VT Bass was designed to emulate a library of vintage Ampeg tones. 

Aren't you able to purchase new products in the UK and return them if you decide they aren't working out for you? Buying used is always an option but it can be somewhat of a crap shoot. We get contacted by many customers that purchase used pedals that turn out to have some sort of malfunction. 

6 hours ago, fretmeister said:

We are able to do that, yes.

But it's still nearly £300 over here for a new one, and looking at the used sales on ebay and Reverb the used ones of the current model are only hitting £120.

That's terrible loss of value.

I think they were meaning the distance selling regulations that let you return a new product if it doesn't meet your satisfaction.

Edited by Jack