Why become a member? ×

Help! Flying V Bass Gigbag

mrn1989

22 minutes ago, mrn1989 said:

Anybody own a Epi Flying V Bass, what gigbag are you using, I’m desperately trying to find a gigbag for it as the massive rectangular hardcase is super impractical. 

TIA

Might be an idea to provide measurements here for length and width. Someone might have a bag that would work even although they have never even considered a V. Good luck

Measurements would help for sure, but have you checked on Thomann? They seem to have loads of shapes, I found a gig bag on there for my epiphone explorer bass after suffering the same massive hard case problem in the past!

Just a guess but maybe one like this could be a contender? https://www.thomann.de/gb/ritter_rgs7_warlock_bass_mgb.htm

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EddHytheTown said:

Measurements would help for sure, but have you checked on Thomann? They seem to have loads of shapes, I found a gig bag on there for my epiphone explorer bass after suffering the same massive hard case problem in the past!

Just a guess but maybe one like this could be a contender? https://www.thomann.de/gb/ritter_rgs7_warlock_bass_mgb.htm

Thought Thomann did a V Bass Gig Bag.

I was more looking for someone with first hand experience to find out what they recommend, rather than take a punt on something that might or might not fit. So many manufacturers don't supply case measurements

50 minutes ago, mrn1989 said:

I was more looking for someone with first hand experience to find out what they recommend, rather than take a punt on something that might or might not fit. So many manufacturers don't supply case measurements

I have an 8 string flying V. It fits into my BC Rich gigbag. I think since its an 8 string the head might peep out a bit? I dont remember. 

I'll pull it out tomorrow and check for you and take pics if youre interested.

I can see if there is a manufacturer label, but it does say BC Rich on the side.

21 hours ago, mrn1989 said:

Anybody own a Epi Flying V Bass, what gigbag are you using, I’m desperately trying to find a gigbag for it as the massive rectangular hardcase is super impractical. 

TIA

I have an old Tribal Planet gig bag, an Epi flying V will fit into it. Unfortunately they're no longer available new but they come up used occasionally.  The scale length is shorter so the overall length is not that much longer than a jazz/precision .

So as mentioned there is a BC Rich gigbag out there that will fit a flying V. This is an 8 string with an extra long headstock and it fits perfectly. 

There isnt any label on it to tell who made it.

20230508_101728.thumb.jpg.3650e344e21406ec8d00d7e9a7696989.jpg20230508_101754.thumb.jpg.5563f6590e87dbc44d3c1c5ed1857f55.jpg

The second pic is the bag zipped with the V inside.

Edited by lidl e
  • Thanks 1

As you can see, its very big. I assume it was initally made for a BC Rich Beast bass with the forked headstock

I measure it at 140cm at it's longest and 50cm right across the bottom where it is widest.

I used it to carry my gibson thunderbird and the top would be floppy. 

Here is a pic of a standard scale bass with an inline headstock and there is plenty of space at the top

20230508_103437.thumb.jpg.46214e2ef4276ab5b456b086b6298bda.jpg

I’ve been using the Gibson gig bag that came with my DC Jr. The headstock pokes out about an inch , but it’s a lot easier than dealing with the enormous hard shell case for the V. 
I mostly use the V at home.