Why become a member? ×

FT: Brand new Lakland Skyline 44-64 custom PJ, EU based! (Huge list with trade options added!) - *WITHDRAWN*
£1135
Ghent, Belgium

Bassdude BE

I've just got this delivered from Bass Buddha earlier this week and it's a superb instrument.

The hardware, PLEK'd frets, sound and playability are top notch in every way and I truely believe it would be very hard to find a bass of equal quality in this price range.

Alas the neck on these custom PJ's sits somewhere in between a Jazz bass and Precision bass neck profile and I expected a more wide/flat neck profile.

Hence, I'm considering a trade with a bass with a wider/flatter neck profile that suits my hands a bit better.

The 44-64 comes with an ash body, maple neck with Indian Rosewood fretboard, Hipshot Ultralite tuners and Lakland USA pickups.

The original packaging and goodies (tools, cable) are still available.

The factory set-up is superb, the bass plays lightning fast with a low action and no buzz.

As I've already gotten a lot of trade offers that didn't really rock my boat.

I've made a short list based on my experience with all these brands showing which trades I'm interested in and which trades I'm not interested in,

hoping to save you some time and effort offering trades that don't fall within my interests. ;)

Looking for trades with 4 or 5 string fretted, 32-34" scale
and a wide, flat neck profile.

Also interested in analog(!) effect-pedals.

Yes: 

- MTD kingston
- Sire
- Fender MIJ/MIA jazz (no 5strings in this case)
- Lakland 44-02
- Cort
- FGN
- G&L Jazz
- Mayones
- Musicman Sterling USA
- Sandberg Jazz
- Roscoe (standard)
- Vigier
- Mensinger
- Schecter
- Marleaux
- Human Base
- ESP

No:

- Spector
- Dingwall
- Ken Smith
- Yamaha
- Warwick
- Supro
- Rickenbacker
- Maruszczyk
- Jackson
- Charvell
- Ibanez
- Steinberger

I'm based in Ghent, Belgium and the bass can be tested here on an Eich amps bc112pro combo,

or I can ship her double boxed in the original packaging.

Anyway, time for some pic's... ;) 

Edited by Bassdude BE
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, andybassdoyle said:

Nice bass

can’t you return it after such a short time?

x

Well,

since I couldn't source one locally (I'm in Belgium) I had to order one from Denmark so shipping costs are quite steep compared to other stores. 

It cost >100Euro to get it here from Denmark, and Denmark is not in the EU (they use a different currency than the Euro) so extra costs had to be paid for importing this beauty. Therefore I'm not really keen on paying the return costs out of my own pocket as I would then again have to deal with customs and find another Lakland (with jazz bass neck this time) and probably import it again as they seem to be quite hard to find on the local market. Hence my preference for a trade. 

Edited by Bassdude BE
  • Like 1

• Bassdude BE changed the title to FT: Brand new Lakland Skyline 44-64 custom PJ, EU based! (looking for trade with bass with Jazz Bass neck)

As I've already gotten a lot of trade offers that didn't really rock my boat.

I've made a short list based on my experience with all these brands showing which trades I'm interested in and which trades I'm not interested in,

hoping to save you some time and effort offering trades that don't fall within my interests.

Looking for trades with 4 or 5 string fretted, 32-34" scale
and a wide, flat neck profile.

Also interested in analog(!) effect-pedals.

Yes: 

- MTD kingston
- Sire
- Fender MIJ/MIA jazz (no 5strings in this case)
- Lakland 44-02
- Cort
- FGN
- G&L Jazz
- Mayones
- Musicman Sterling USA
- Sandberg Jazz
- Roscoe (standard)
- Vigier
- Mensinger
- Schecter
- Marleaux
- Human Base
- ESP

No:

- Spector
- Dingwall
- Ken Smith
- Yamaha
- Warwick
- Supro
- Rickenbacker
- Maruszczyk
- Jackson
- Charvell
- Ibanez
- Steinberger

Edited by Bassdude BE

2 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Lakland don’t really make a P bass with a Jazz neck as such. The nut width is 38mm but the front-to-back depth is 22mm at 1st, 24.25mm at 12th. 

My old one is here:

https://thebassgallery.com/collections/all/products/lakland-usa-44-64-pj

Just to clarify, that’s the “jazz taper” neck. They do 41.3mm and 44.5mm nut widths too. 

• Like 1