Why become a member? ×

Steely Dan (well almost)

johnbiffa

3 hours ago, johnbiffa said:

On Ped's doorstep as well !!!

I’m coming! My brother is up for the weekend too so he’s going, as are my two new potential band mates from work. Oh and a girl that I’m trying to set my brother up with. I’ll make sure I come and say hi!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a great gig! Really nice to meet @johnbiffaand @Oldman this evening. The sound at the venue was really good, the bass sounded rich and detailed which highlighted John’s excellent clean playing. Like Oldman’s wife said, it’s infectious to see musicians so clearly enjoying themselves. Thanks for the heads up and I’ll see you again no doubt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can reiterate all those sentiments, great gig, Chucks bass playing was perfect. I knew most of the tunes, Pick up the pieces highlighted the Sax player. Maybe a tad of Little Feat in future. It was a great gig.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2023 at 00:32, ped said:

What a great gig! Really nice to meet @johnbiffaand @Oldman this evening. The sound at the venue was really good, the bass sounded rich and detailed which highlighted John’s excellent clean playing. Like Oldman’s wife said, it’s infectious to see musicians so clearly enjoying themselves. Thanks for the heads up and I’ll see you again no doubt. 

But what about your brother and the girl? You cannot leave us hanging like this!

Edited by Owen
because of the spelling. Always the spelling.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah well my brother is famously relaxed about everything so information is hard to come by but they definitely got on really well. They have been messaging since, but my brother lives in Daventry which is a bit far away. Question is, can he be bothered? Watch this space, I'll post updates. I won't ask @johnbiffa if you do weddings but you never know!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1