Why become a member? ×

Zoot Chaser - *SOLD*
£525
Thirsk, North Yorkshire

MarkBuffaloStokes

Beautiful English luthier made bass. Built by Mike Walsh, Iceni bass in Essex. Seymour Duncan Basslines Jazz neck and Musicman bridge pickups with 2 band EQ. Neck is 42mm at the nut and 22mm deep so quite a flat neck profile, beautiful to play. Unfortunately just not my thing tone wise as the band I’m in is more classic rock so my G&L SB-1 is always first choice. In the middle of a big house renovation at the moment so trying to clear out anything that I’m not using much.

Mike currently has closed his order book due to demand so hard to get a bass made by him right now. For some inexplicable reason Zoot basses don’t seem to hold high values secondhand so I’ve priced it accordingly. 

Collection/meet up preferred but can post if a fair arrangement can be made regarding a hard case (I have a nice G&G case).

A5CBD101-61CE-44F9-B01A-6E3C67E63C0D.jpeg

C37D13F4-A247-4AF2-803D-8F91B9356E6C.jpeg

74E3949F-987D-439F-8CCB-6684447D0349.jpeg

04444B6A-A025-4D8D-B394-A246F824BC9F.jpeg

3C785F8F-C6A1-4ADB-BABB-1CC31E3F035D.jpeg

09E26885-5739-4395-A98A-2A85D0BEA0F6.jpeg

Edited by MarkBuffaloStokes
Sold
  • Like 12

Someone snap this up quick! Awesome bass, awesome price.

This is the one that got away… could even be the same bass. Absolutely loved the fretboard and the tones. I allowed myself to be talked into selling it by the BL of the band I was in… and I left the band a few weeks later.

If I was still in a band or had the least intention of joining one, I’d give it serious consideration.

GLWTS

• Like 2

I used to own the redburst one that many on this site have owned. Really nice bass with lots of potential - I didn't like the neck profile so sold it to a friend who took it to Scotland where he sold it locally. Could be anywhere now.

I really don't understand why they don't hold their value either...

I think the tone is predictable in the sense of the pick up types and positions. Plenty of bite from the jazz neck and typically growly mm pickup. Overall it is quite bright but with the the two band eq how trebley or bassy it is is very controllable.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...