Why become a member? ×

5 String Fretless Build For GregBlach

shinhoman

This is going to a partial build me building the neck and greg building the body himself, but he has promised to post in here with his progress so you should see the full picture.

Here is my progress with the neck so far:

I'll let greg now i have made this thread and hopefully he will post the pics of the body he is making.

cheers,
dan

Hi Dan,

Looking great. Thanks for posting nice pics. :)

Below are my pics so far of the body build.

My 4 string Mørch Jazzbass from which I am copying the shape:

Put down the shape on paper:

Started working on the plywood template I'll be using when routing the Swamp Ash:

Here is the Swamp Ash:

My plan is to install just a single bridge pickup and, if I like it, a ramp in Gary Willis style too.

/Greg

Edited by GregBlach

Decided to do a little work on the body today. The Swamp Ash blank I have is 48mm thick, and I am going for 44mm.

Inspired by a setup I saw at JEH Guitars ([url="http://www.jens-h.dk/"]http://www.jens-h.dk/[/url]), I decided to build a template for my router so I could take a few milimeters off the top.

The body blank will be planed perfectly flat later on.

Here are some pics. Enjoy. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi all,

It's with regret that I have to inform you, that this build will not happen. I had originally made a deal with user Shinhoman (a.k.a. Dan Cookson) and have also paid something like ~£70 in advance for the build, but status now is that I have not heard from him in ~4 months time. He does not reply to any emails or PM I've sent.

I have no idea why this is, but I guess there are a couple of possible reasons: 1. He lost interest and didn't bother to inform me or pay me back, 2. He's in prison, 3. He's a fraud. You take a pick.

Over and out (and a lesson learned).

/G

Edited by GregBlach

[quote name='GregBlach' post='760389' date='Mar 1 2010, 06:07 AM']Hi all,

It's with regret that I have to inform you, that this build will not happen. I had originally made a deal with user Shinhoman (a.k.a. Dan Cookson) and have also paid something like ~£70 in advance for the build, but status now is that I have not heard from him in ~6 months time. He does not reply to any emails or PM I've sent.

I have no idea why this is, but I guess there are a couple of possible reasons: 1. He lost interest and didn't bother to inform me or pay me back, 2. He's in prison, 3. He's a fraud. You take a pick.

Over and out (and a lesson learned).

/G[/quote]

He logged into this site yesterday, so you should hear from him very soon. I suggest you PM Shockwave if you continue to have difficulties.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, seems its not just me who has been rippped off. I asked for a ash TBird body to be made and gave him a deposit which he then PM'd me saying later on that he was instead going to use ash core and maple wings, i later was able to call him and ask for a mahogany core with ash veneer's (front and back) and since then no PM has been answered, just sent him a PM a moment ago asking if anything has happened. I think i too will give shockwave a PM if i dont hear from him by monday.

• 8 months later...