Why become a member? ×

G&L Tribute LB-100

Damnthatlazlo

2 minutes ago, la bam said:

Wow! £299. 

I'd say that's the best bargain on a new bass for years. 

Used to love mine. In all honesty I liked my lb100 tribute better than my clf l2000.

This is a sentiment I’m seeing a lot more often nowadays. I have a 90s US telecaster and a mex duo sonic ss and tbh I think I’ve played and loved playing the duo more than any other guitar I’ve owned. The tele doesn’t get a look in. 

I don't feel that way. My CLF L-1000 is a fantastic bass which is a treat to play. My Tribute LB-100 is no slouch, and is definitely handy to take to (perceived) rougher gigs or unfamiliar places but it's not superior to the wunkay. It's the little things - the feel of the neck, how the pots turn, the smoothness of the tuners.

No, the wunkay isn't 4-5 times better than the Tribute LB-100, but it is better. If it wasn't, I think I'd sell it in disgust.

My tele is in every measurable way better than my duo. It’s just…I LOVE playing my duo. The duo isn’t a better guitar, in fact the wiring is atrocious and really needs sorted.

I tested out a player mustang at the same time. It was gorgeous and really looked a far more expensive guitar. Certainly is was a bargain at the £400 they were asking. I asked my mrs what she thought. She said the mustang looked like a better guitar, but I’d spent twice as long playing the duo and I just zone out with it. ‘You have more fun on that one.’ I’m kinda hearing this theme a lot. I do wonder if it’s a kind of I can relax with this instrument without thinking wow it costs how much??!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Damnthatlazlo said:

I also said to her yesterday, should I save up and just buy a really good bass. 
she said no. buy that one. You have adhd. You’ll want one that does some other thing in 3 months. 🤣🤣

Mrs Damnthatlazlo seems to be very wise.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Damnthatlazlo said:

Arrived this morning!

Lovely bass and that buttery maple neck is gorgeous! 
only had a quick run through plugging into my computer and recording a line for the track I’m doing but it’s an instant improvement on my mex std jazz. 

366283CD-951A-4C0B-864F-FE7544693754.jpeg

Such a great colour and the whole aesthetic is just right IMO.

What’s the weight of your newly acquired beast, as I’m sorely tempted myself?

6 hours ago, Damnthatlazlo said:

Arrived this morning!

only had a quick run through plugging into my computer and recording a line for the track I’m doing but it’s an instant improvement on my mex std jazz. 

Looks great! I have one in sunburst inbound for Monday. I hope you enjoy this one for quite some time. 

6 hours ago, Damnthatlazlo said:

Arrived this morning!

Looks very nice indeed, well bought.

You've gone from a thin Fender jazz neck to a large P neck, are you handling that OK? 😎

4 minutes ago, Damnthatlazlo said:

Couldn’t find fishing weight but it’s around 10lbs and a much needed diet according to my bathroom scales. 

That’s good to know, thanks. This means I can look away as my ageing frame doesn’t like anything over 4kg (actually it’s less, but one doesn’t wish to appear too wimpy ;)).