Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton Enhanced 25th Firemist

Tvrtastic

13 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I can honestly say I had it hung round my neck for over two hours straight last night and I did not notice the weight. 

I do use a wide Gruvgear strap, but I believe it is the perfect balance of the bass makes it work. 

Ahhhh, that reminds me of someone....

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, stewblack said:

Beautiful instrument. Wonderful sound, played like a dream. I love it.

Oh, that's good to hear. Did you get to use different tones from both pickups, individually or blended? I think I would have gotten on just fine with that P on its own, straight in to an amp with the necessary headroom to handle it!

5 hours ago, bnt said:

Oh, that's good to hear. Did you get to use different tones from both pickups, individually or blended? I think I would have gotten on just fine with that P on its own, straight in to an amp with the necessary headroom to handle it!

I had a dalliance with the MM pick up  but in the end as I didn't know many of the songs we played I just stuck it on the P pup and left it - lots of sight reading and concentration!

Forgive me father, for I have sinned...

No, after serious consideration, I didn't get one of those, tempting as they are. But in the process something else caught my attention and this happened:

IMG_20230429_132809071.jpg?dl=1

(runs away and closes door) :D

Edited by mcnach
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, mcnach said:

Forgive me father, for I have sinned...

No, after serious consideration, I didn't get one of those, tempting as they are. But in the process something else caught my attention and this happened:

IMG_20230429_132809071.jpg?dl=1

(runs away and closes door) :D

Oofft! Bass forum or not, that's stunning 😍.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ezbass said:

Oofft! Bass forum or not, that's stunning 😍.

It's a great guitar, a Harley Benton TE-90FLT Blast Green... all I did was tune it and play. It sounds pretty damn good and those Filtertron style pickups are pretty cool, almost sound single-coily but humbucking, which in my 'toy room' is very welcome as I get a bit of noise with my usual Telecaster, for example.

The area under the pickguard is hollow, providing an interesting hiding place. Or something.

Anyway, I don't want to veer too much away from the 25th anniversary Firemist series... so to get back a little bit, here's something that got my attention initially (fortunately I already have an HSS Stratocaster that I love and is going nowhere... but clearly I had a Filtertron itch and the TE-90 showed up behind the Firemist "oooh, hello sailor?" and teh rest is history :D )

harley-benton-anniversary-fusion-III-25.

Edited by mcnach

40 minutes ago, mcnach said:

It's a great guitar, a Harley Benton TE-90FLT Blast Green... all I did was tune it and play. It sounds pretty damn good and those Filtertron style pickups are pretty cool, almost sound single-coily but humbucking, which in my 'toy room' is very welcome as I get a bit of noise with my usual Telecaster, for example.

The area under the pickguard is hollow, providing an interesting hiding place. Or something.

Anyway, I don't want to veer too much away from the 25th anniversary Firemist series... so to get back a little bit, here's something that got my attention initially (fortunately I already have an HSS Stratocaster that I love and is going nowhere... but clearly I had a Filtertron itch and the TE-90 showed up behind the Firemist "oooh, hello sailor?" and teh rest is history :D )

'Trons are my second favourite guitar pickup, just behind P90s. So unlike PAF types, but still bucking that 60cycle hum. Easy access hollow area? Smuggler Tele!

39 minutes ago, ezbass said:

'Trons are my second favourite guitar pickup, just behind P90s. So unlike PAF types, but still bucking that 60cycle hum. Easy access hollow area? Smuggler Tele!

Aha, indeed. I love P90s, I've got a Les Paul with P90s that sounds fantastic... but if the Tele picked up interference in my room, the Les Paul is just crazy. But it sounds so good! 

• Like 1