Why become a member? ×

Zilla Cabs

NJE

A very good friend of mine has just ordered a custom cab from Zilla and is blown away with the customer service and quality.

I know they make cabs but I have seen very few of them and even less mention of them on here. Does anyone own one or have any experience?

I really fancy having them make me something custom and a bit nicer than the usual carpet covering.

I had one made quite a few years back, when Zilla were still in Surrey/SW London. They were very helpful, their workmanship was very good and their prices were fair. I sold it when I went lightweight. Their cabs were more traditional in construction - solid and a bit weighty. I don't know if they offer lightweight options these days. No gripes about the quality, though and they do an enormous range of finishes.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback, if I decided to order something, it would likely only be a 1x12 or 2x10 if they were happy to make it. 

I am not overly bothered by weight as I don’t gig much and it would be more to have a nice cab at home. My main betters was sound quality as they really don’t seem overly popular with us bass players.

I've got a neo 212 Bass Fatboy. I think the neo speakers are the only option on their website, I guess becuase the heavier speakers weren't selling. I went over to their Somerset workshop (they're in Cornwall now) to try one out. Love it. Great one cab solution. Plus lots of tolex options.

Turns out the guitarist from my new band knows Paul, the owner of Zilla, too. Apparently he has a degree in physics, so does know a thing or two about cab design. I'm sure he'd take on something different than their standard offerings.

• Thanks 1