Why become a member? ×

Tuners INFO

Bassman93

• Bassman93 changed the title to Tuners INFO

These are Modulus-branded Gotoh GB707s - I presume you need replacements because the plastic button on one is visibly broken. Typically these are supplied with metal buttons and theoretically it might be possible to replace the broken bits. However it doesn't look like spares are available for these units, and the plastic pearl keys aren't standard, & were presumably a Modulus special order.

A standard chrome set isn't too expensive at around £50 - although it looks like you'd need to buy a 4-a-side set & an individual l/h unit for your bass.

In case a BC member has a set or part set in their spares draw. this is what @Bassman93 is looking for (in a forum-friendly image format! ;) )

599806698_ModulusGotoh.thumb.jpg.336513998c11a4ec50b8786034b6de33.jpg

This is a path I walked before. To cut a very long story short, Josh Gemmell is the sales manager, a top man, and seems to be the only person on Earth capable of sourcing the pearloid buttons. In my case, I had Gotoh GB720W tuners but Gotoh Japan sent me to him. Send him pics in jpg format (well done Bassassin) and he should be able to sort you out.

http://www.japarts.ca/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Doctor J said:

This is a path I walked before. To cut a very long story short, Josh Gemmell is the sales manager, a top man, and seems to be the only person on Earth capable of sourcing the pearloid buttons. In my case, I had Gotoh GB720W tuners but Gotoh Japan sent me to him. Send him pics in jpg format (well done Bassassin) and he should be able to sort you out.

http://www.japarts.ca/

Very useful link - bookmarked! 👍